How do I browse the Wii shop channel online?

9 replies
Found 1st Jan
I'm wanting to see what classic games are available to download before I buy a Wii, is that possible?

1. Ask
  2. Wii
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Wii
9 Comments

Nintendo hasn't supported the Wii for a while. There's no online services for the Wii.

Original Poster

lunauk

Nintendo hasn't supported the Wii for a while. There's no online services … Nintendo hasn't supported the Wii for a while. There's no online services for the Wii.

You can download games via the Wii shop channel can't you?

superfreddy

You can download games via the Wii shop channel can't you?

I think you can

Nope. It's not there. You can't play any games like Mario Kart online using a Wii either. You'll need a WiiU
Edited by: "lunauk" 1st Jan

Original Poster

lunauk

Nope. It's not there. You can't play any games like Mario Kart online … Nope. It's not there. You can't play any games like Mario Kart online using a Wii either

I thought at a minimum, the Wii shop channel was still open to buy and download games?

superfreddy

I thought at a minimum, the Wii shop channel was still open to buy and … I thought at a minimum, the Wii shop channel was still open to buy and download games?

you will probably have to emulate at this stage as a lot of titles just lost support online, i.e. the ability to buy them

superfreddy

I thought at a minimum, the Wii shop channel was still open to buy and … I thought at a minimum, the Wii shop channel was still open to buy and download games?

Wii shop is still accessible but you can only check it using a Wii (or Wii U).

Also, be warned that I think you will have to add credit to your Wii shop account rather than be able to just pay the actual amount for a particular game. For example, if you want to buy a game for £2.79 (or whatever amount) you'll need to buy £10 credit rather than just pay the £2.99.
Edited by: "bernardsfingers" 2nd Jan

Original Poster

Ok great so you can still purchase games via the old Wii?

superfreddy

Ok great so you can still purchase games via the old Wii?

Yes but not via anything other than the Wii shop channel on the Wii itself.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions