How do I collect boots points from online purchase?

Hello

I recently purchased a xbox 360 from boots online.

Now I am sure it said all I need to do is take my boots card to any boots and put it in the points machine to collect my points.

I went to my local boots and asked where I could find this machine to collect my points but the staff didn't have a clue what I was on about and advised the points should of gone straight on to my card.

Can someone confirm please how I go about getting these points or how to check if they have already been added to my card?

Thank you

6 Comments

I thought you had to put it in the advantage card machine. But, never tried so don't know. Boots and places like that make me sneeze! As does any shopping in actual shops really! :roll:

There are machines in all of the boots stores, they look like a standalone ATM... I think the assistants must have been a bit confused and maybe didn't realise you bought online?

After my last boots purchase, I went to one of the machines 5 days later, and put the card in, and it automatically popped the points onto the card.

Original Poster

yep, I'm sure I have seen these machines before and I didn't explain to the staff (I tried three people) that I have purchased online but they still said they do not have these machines.

I searched the store myself but could not find one. Have to check another store I think.

Is there a time limit by which time I have to collect this points?

dupfold, emma & grdesign are correct. You need to put you advantage card in the machine for the points to be added so that you can use them. (You can check you points balance online via your account but cannot use them til added via the machine instore)

Not all stores have these machines, especially if they are only small branches.

Also you must have registered your advantage card number on your online account.

Points "awarded" from Boots.com can only be added 5 days after you receive the goods but you have upto 12 months from then. HTH :thumbsup:

rocky1man

dupfold, emma & grdesign are correct. You need to put you advantage card … dupfold, emma & grdesign are correct. You need to put you advantage card in the machine for the points to be added so that you can use them. (You can check you points balance online via your account but cannot use them til added via the machine instore)Not all stores have these machines, especially if they are only small branches.Also you must have registered your advantage card number on your online account.Points "awarded" from Boots.com can only be added 5 days after you receive the goods but you have upto 12 months from then. HTH :thumbsup:

Yes i can confirm that not all branches have the machines.My local branch do not have them,but the 2 main stores that are in my area do.12 month is also correct.;-)

Original Poster

thanks guys.

Went to a bigger store and grabbed my points! I've got like 42 quid now (although I have had my card about 4 years)!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
    2. Royal Mil track and trace77
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553766

See more discussions