Groups

how do i connect mobile to monitor,?

Have bought a cable, plugged phone into monitor, but it's not working..Any advice?

12 Comments

First the more information you give us the more we can try and help you so whats the phone and why you trying to plug it into the monitor

Original Poster

archer1204

First the more information you give us the more we can try and help you … First the more information you give us the more we can try and help you so whats the phone and why you trying to plug it into the monitor

Moto g4 to Samsung monitor via USB to HDMI cable, computer is en route and have no other device or TV ATM (apart from a Kindle fire)

Moto g4 doesn't have HDMI output so won't work, as far as I know.

Your options are Chromecast or Miracast if your TV supports it.

Can you not chrome or mira to your kindle

Original Poster

tommy6000009

Moto g4 doesn't have HDMI output so won't work, as far as I know.

That explains it, does Samsung galaxy?

espirit77

That explains it, does Samsung galaxy?

​I believe so. I have a TV with Miracast so don't use it but I believe you just need an adapter and you're good to go.

Original Poster

tommy6000009

​I believe so. I have a TV with Miracast so don't use it but I believe y … ​I believe so. I have a TV with Miracast so don't use it but I believe you just need an adapter and you're good to go.

Perfect thanks

Original Poster

archer1204

Can you not chrome or mira to your kindle

I will try this too tyvm

you can buy a mhl adapter .(one end micro USB male and other is HDMI female, so it can connect to your phone and takes a HDMI cable to connect ) I used one to connect HTC one m7 to TV through HDMI .
    Edited by: "HammadKhalil" 29th Dec 2016

Original Poster

HammadKhalil

you can buy a mhl adapter .(one end micro USB male and other is HDMI … you can buy a mhl adapter .(one end micro USB male and other is HDMI female, so it can connect to your phone and takes a HDMI cable to connect ) I used one to connect HTC one m7 to TV through HDMI .

Yeah have done but moto g4 doesn't support so not working... Need a flagship by the looks of it

HammadKhalil

you can buy a mhl adapter .(one end micro USB male and other is HDMI … you can buy a mhl adapter .(one end micro USB male and other is HDMI female, so it can connect to your phone and takes a HDMI cable to connect ) I used one to connect HTC one m7 to TV through HDMI .

​if the phone has no HDMI output then simply plugging an adapter into it won't work.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767520
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941354
      3. Feels weird!924
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563828

See more discussions