How do i connect PS2 to my Samsung HD TV

Found 13th Jul 2008
Was connected to the tv upstairs which is a normal tv and now want to connect it to the tv downstairs, connected it the same way as we did upstairs but nothings happening, any ideas?

7 Comments

hd adapter

Does the T.V have a scart connector? I no nothing about these new fangled T.V.'s myself.

Original Poster

strike;2517520

hd adapter

whats one of them? Googled it cant find it

thesaint;2517535

Does the T.V have a scart connector? I no nothing about these new fangled … Does the T.V have a scart connector? I no nothing about these new fangled T.V.'s myself.

yes has a scart connector, done that bit

you can stil use the red yellow and white cables, just plug them in and you will be fine.

nadss;2517555

yes has a scart connector, done that bit

Again, I don't know about HD televisions, but if the Scart socket is RGB enabled, it should automatically tune to the Wii when the Wii is switched on.

no dont, you'll blow the tv

It should work just the same way as with a normal television, even if you hook it up via a non-RGB enabled scart socket you should still get a picture just not full RGB. Often if there's two scart sockets only one of them will be RGB enabled, that's the case with Samsung HDTV's anyway so it might be worth changing to the other scart socket. If you are expecting it to auto-switch, have you tried manually cycling through all the different inputs? There's no consistent name for the scart sockets so I can't tell you what to look for - what model of TV it is?

Another alternative is to pick up a component cable (Red, Green, Blue, Red and White) and hook it up that way although there's no reason it shouldn't be working through the SD inputs and you probably want to keep the component input clear for another device.

Ignore the comment about it blowing up your TV, any HDTV should be able to take s-video, composite, scart or component from a PS2 without issue.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text