Expired

how do I extend speaker wire?

Found 7th Nov 2013
We have a panasonic sc-btt400 home cinema set and the speaker wire on one speaker is not quite long enough for where we want to put it. The code for the wire is panasonic reex1269. If we buy from Panasonic it is over £30. Does anyone know where else we can get it from, or can it be spliced? we do not want to jepordise sound quality though. If this is possible, what kind of wire do we need and where do I buy it from? Is there a store online where I can buy the full wire from cheaper? Many thanks xxxxx
Community Updates
AskSpeaker
12 Comments
It's easy and cheap enough to replace the whole wire, unless Panasonic have put pesky connectors onto the ends.

amazon.co.uk/Ros…CZK
likeabagofsand3

It's easy and cheap enough to replace the whole wire, unless Panasonic … It's easy and cheap enough to replace the whole wire, unless Panasonic have put pesky connectors onto the ends.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ross-SPW10-RS-10m-Speaker-Wire/dp/B005VD9CZK

The answer is yes, they have put pesky connectors on.
Just search for panasonic speaker cable on ebay. Would be easier for you to decide what the correct one is with the item in front of you.
ir get some solder and a soldering iron or crimp them
this is the type we need, but I would prefer to get quicker from uk

ebay.co.uk/itm…110?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
if we splice it will there be a loss of sound quality?
With more cable
hocka

if we splice it will there be a loss of sound quality?

Nothing noticeable. I've done thison my sony system on 3 of the speakers and it's fine.
The only thing I would suggest it to cut the existing wire about mid way, that way you are leaving yourself with plenty to play with, rather than getting closer and closer to the plugs.
ktm666

Nothing noticeable. I've done thison my sony system on 3 of the speakers … Nothing noticeable. I've done thison my sony system on 3 of the speakers and it's fine.The only thing I would suggest it to cut the existing wire about mid way, that way you are leaving yourself with plenty to play with, rather than getting closer and closer to the plugs.

thanks for that. is the wire in the linky above defo the right one for our set?
hocka

thanks for that. is the wire in the linky above defo the right one for … thanks for that. is the wire in the linky above defo the right one for our set?

Speaker wire is all the same, so the amazon one will be fine. You will just have 2 fine wires. You can pick it up in most shops, b&q, maplin, currys ect.

The better the join, the better the quality. Solder for the best or crimp. If you twist the two ends together and tape them up it will do, but could be pulled apart if you catch it.
ktm666

Speaker wire is all the same, so the amazon one will be fine. You will … Speaker wire is all the same, so the amazon one will be fine. You will just have 2 fine wires. You can pick it up in most shops, b&q, maplin, currys ect.The better the join, the better the quality. Solder for the best or crimp. If you twist the two ends together and tape them up it will do, but could be pulled apart if you catch it.

Thank you very much for your help xxxx
ktm666

Speaker wire is all the same, so the amazon one will be fine. You will … Speaker wire is all the same, so the amazon one will be fine. You will just have 2 fine wires. You can pick it up in most shops, b&q, maplin, currys ect.The better the join, the better the quality. Solder for the best or crimp. If you twist the two ends together and tape them up it will do, but could be pulled apart if you catch it.

Sorry, but it isn't.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants