How do I find a fuse bulb for old Christmas lights?

Having no luck googling all the numbers on the box! Doesn't say what code for the fit. They are b and q lights clear.

16 Comments

Original Poster

Thats the info on the box. What codes do I need to use??

Normally it has a white tip. pull out go to shop and compare.

It's a 40 light set so replacement must be a 6 volt.240 volts input ÷ 40 = 6 volts.Probaly easier to buy a new set.

As its an old set from b&q finding one using the codes may not help at all.
But on the box it has a spare bulb code number (05231201) & the bulb rating (6V - 0.125A - 0.75W)
To correctly order your replacement bulbs, you will need some information from the Cable Label on your product. This is the self-adhesive label that is usually located near the plug or transformer of your product (a sticker around the Cable).
Try posting a pic of the actual bulb!
Have a look HERE
Maybe these ones on ebay??? 1st in the drop down list, also states in the seller description table that they are for set of 40 star lights!

Edited by: "amis1975" 26th Nov 2016

You can also remove the bulb from the holder of the replacement quite easily and use your old base if they are not the same.Then a few days later more bulbs will go.

Original Poster

Thanks. There is no new info on the cable sticker its all the same as on box. What info should it have had?

G1 fuse bulbs. eBay have loads

Original Poster

G1 bulbs don't look the same. There is a big gap on the end of these. G1s don't have a gap at the end??

Can't believe you are even contemplating Christmas lights yet . It's still November ! Christmas eve is early enough . You'll get a new set for pennies then too if a bulb has gone .

Original Poster

Ha just putting the tree up before baby is due. Christmas is hectic enough! They on the tree but not working...

You have got to be joking. Bet you still peel potatoes. hotukdeals.com/dea…485 X)

littlelynn

G1 bulbs don't look the same. There is a big gap on the end of these. G1s … G1 bulbs don't look the same. There is a big gap on the end of these. G1s don't have a gap at the end??

They should still be the same, as long as the little wires come out of the bottom on the sides, they will work.

I might have some spare but won't know until I get the tree out on Wednesday

littlelynn

Bulb " target="_blank" … Bulb " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://s4.postimg.org/w2eb9smx9/image.jpg

They look like the 2nd ones in the drop down list on the ebay link i posted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions