Groups

how do i find out what chip i need for my wii

as above does anyone know where i can find this out please

14 Comments

]http//ww…tml
    everything you need to know is on there

Original Poster

thanks rep will be left

I belive there is now a way to play *back up games without the mod chip.. as Nintendo are now realseing new games with an update that detects any firmware changes and makes the wii useless..

Yep you can softmod with the zelda hack, I'm gonna do this when I get a SD card.

The softmod seem to be the way to go, all you need is a copy of Zelda for 10 minutes and few bits of software, sorted.

Banned

steve1221;3870131

The softmod seem to be the way to go, all you need is a copy of Zelda for … The softmod seem to be the way to go, all you need is a copy of Zelda for 10 minutes and few bits of software, sorted.

Wont new game "upgrades" cause problems?

guv;3870148

It'l all end in tears

Banned

alnbowes;3870172

It'l all end in tears

I know soft mods on the Xbox (1st gen) were fine - but sure Ive seen mention that new games will basically knacker the console if the firmware has been hacked to play copies.

The kids already have about 20 games - so seems pointless for them to take the risk.

guv;3870148

Not from what I've read. Even if they wipe the settings from your Wii somehow, you just reinstall them. Quick trip to Blockbuster for a copy of Zelda and you're off again.
    It scores over a chip by not doing anything to the guts of your machine, it's only software and it's free !!

It's doesn't hack the firmware (from what I've read), it just give you a new channel and control over the op's system of the Wii.

Original Poster

what software do i need for the softmod and where can i get it is there anywhere i can find out more about it

nighthawk1980;3870576

what software do i need for the softmod and where can i get it is there … what software do i need for the softmod and where can i get it is there anywhere i can find out more about it

PM'd you

steve1221;3870682

PM'd you

can you PM me too:thumbsup:

I had 3.3E and did the zelda softmod fine, playing Tatsunoko Vs Capcom now, awesome game that won't get released outside Japan.

sul;3872418

can you PM me too:thumbsup:

Done, have fun. . .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927349
      2. love affairs1223
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1015
      4. Apples new update711

See more discussions