Groups

how do i find out what ram i need for my laptop? HP G7000 Widescreen 15.4"

want to fit it myself, currently got 2 gig but want to upgrade to 3 possibly 4 gig and sell the 1 gig sticks. Just to confirm i can just take them out fit the new ones and sell them not needing to delete anything or is anything saved on them? etc..

rep waiting!

8 Comments

RAM Random Access Memory, nothing is retained in it, it clears each time you power off

[url]www.crucial.co.uk[/url]

they will scan your pc and tell you what type you have and will offer you a fair price but at least you will know what mem type you have and search for a cheaper alternative

There is nothing saved on them so no worries

Original Poster

mosskeeto;7404759

RAM Random Access Memory, nothing is retained in it, it clears each time … RAM Random Access Memory, nothing is retained in it, it clears each time you power off

thanks, always looking to update my knowledge! Any ideas what i'll need for this laptop in term of ram types and point me in direction to cheapest place?

Original Poster

masterruckus;7404766

[url]www.crucial.co.uk[/url]they will scan your pc and tell you what type … [url]www.crucial.co.uk[/url]they will scan your pc and tell you what type you have and will offer you a fair price but at least you will know what mem type you have and search for a cheaper alternativeThere is nothing saved on them so no worries

website under devlopement?

First check with your manual to ensure you can upgrade it to more, once you have your memory type just google that. It should return a good number of dealers. I would always recommend branded memory for reliability

Original Poster

mosskeeto;7404851

First check with your manual to ensure you can upgrade it to more, once … First check with your manual to ensure you can upgrade it to more, once you have your memory type just google that. It should return a good number of dealers. I would always recommend branded memory for reliability

thanks for help, scanning now. rep added

What spec is your laptop,You may be spending money for nothing,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions