How do I find who my ISP is....?

My father has rung me as his internet connection has been lost again and it looks like for whatever reason his ISP has blocked his service. This connection was set up years ago and neither of us can remember what ISP he is with. I remember reading on here about a site where you type in a phone number and it tells you their ISP. Could someone please point me in this direction. Thanks.

34 Comments

Is it broadband or dial up?

Original Poster

broadband

Will it not be on his bank statements?

check a bank statement etc

can he not find out by who he pays the bill too?

Original Poster

Original Poster

landofdan;6877292

can he not find out by who he pays the bill too?

He could but he can't find it on his statement

Banned

Aren't you paying them for the service? Should be a direct debit reference?

Dunno if those online telephone checkers would tell you who's got the ADSL line. (Assuming its ADSL!)

Original Poster

I'm just after the link to this site if anyone know it. Thanks

Go to this site - It should give you your IP address and possibly your ISP

ip-adress.com/

Original Poster

W1zz;6877347

Go to this site - It should give you your IP address and possibly your … Go to this site - It should give you your IP address and possibly your ISPhttp://www.ip-adress.com/

That doesn't really help him though as he can't get online. I need something where I put in his phone number and it tells me. I know it exists as I remember reading about it on HUKD but as the search engine on this site is about as useful as a **** on a stick I can't find it anywhere

Banned

just go here and click on the UK then London, two dials pop up and on the left it should tell you. Mine states Virgin Media which is correct.

speedtest.net/

autolesbona;6877369

That doesn't really help him though as he can't get online. I need … That doesn't really help him though as he can't get online. I need something where I put in his phone number and it tells me. I know it exists as I remember reading about it on HUKD but as the search engine on this site is about as useful as a **** on a stick I can't find it anywhere

Give BT a call they will be able to check:thumbsup:

Banned

go into your internet settings and see who its connecting to .....it will be set up to connect to someone

all the broadband checkers require you to select yourself otherwise they conflict.....for instance im with o2 yet it shows as be

broadbandchecker.co.uk

will tell you what connections are available to you and adsl/dial up- etc

Banned

autolesbona;6877369

That doesn't really help him though as he can't get online. I need … That doesn't really help him though as he can't get online. I need something where I put in his phone number and it tells me. I know it exists as I remember reading about it on HUKD but as the search engine on this site is about as useful as a **** on a stick I can't find it anywhere

surely it must be obvious on a bank statement or he must get a monthly / quarterly bill from his ISP!

Banned

csiman;6877391

surely it must be obvious on a bank statement or he must get a monthly / … surely it must be obvious on a bank statement or he must get a monthly / quarterly bill from his ISP!

samknows.com/bro…php

you enter the phone number but it only tells you what isp is available at the address.

there has to be some sort of paper trail(even emails) to let you know who he has been paying.

Banned

maybe his email domain name may be a big clue too

Check his email address after the @. If he doesn't know his ISP, its unlikely he'll be using a 3rd party email provider.

suchafunkymonkey;6877442

Check his email address after the @. If he doesn't know his ISP, its … Check his email address after the @. If he doesn't know his ISP, its unlikely he'll be using a 3rd party email provider.

Or the branding on his Modem/Router?

Just get him to ring the bank.........they can tell him who he pays money out too.

Job done. :thumbsup:

Banned

like i said already it will be in his internet settings

easy as a few clicks......

casparwhite;6877493

like i said already it will be in his internet settingseasy as a few … like i said already it will be in his internet settingseasy as a few clicks......

to be fair when I go into internet setting it doesn't tell me who my internet provider is but I'd have a hunt about the comp as there may be some software left from when he first got connected such as that ridiculous aol browser or o2 support software.

Banned

ants97;6877572

to be fair when I go into internet setting it doesn't tell me who my … to be fair when I go into internet setting it doesn't tell me who my internet provider is but I'd have a hunt about the comp as there may be some software left from when he first got connected such as that ridiculous aol browser or o2 support software.

mine doesnt either. Mind you, I;m on cable so always on and no need to connect.

Banned

ants97;6877572

to be fair when I go into internet setting it doesn't tell me who my … to be fair when I go into internet setting it doesn't tell me who my internet provider is but I'd have a hunt about the comp as there may be some software left from when he first got connected such as that ridiculous aol browser or o2 support software.

should be a list of all your internet connections........other wise they cant connect if they are not set up:thinking:

casparwhite;6877601

should be a list of all your internet connections........other wise they … should be a list of all your internet connections........other wise they cant connect if they are not set up:thinking:

Unless you use a router.

Banned

imafish2002;6877625

Unless you use a router.

then you just connect to your router.......

Really look at his bills.....without sounding rude he could be paying way over the odds if this was set up years ago. The fact that he doesnt see it on his bills is worrying as it would make me wonder what else he could be paying for without really understanding the bills. Please forgive me if i am wrong but is he elderly. if he is i think you should very politely ask to see his bank stuff just to check everything is in order.

Banned

spyber.com/ Tells you your ISP although for me it says easynet when i'm with sky but they probably work on behalf of sky

ryman1000;6877794

http://www.spyber.com/ Tells you your ISP although for me it says … http://www.spyber.com/ Tells you your ISP although for me it says easynet when i'm with sky but they probably work on behalf of sky

Cool,told me i was on AOL:thumbsup:

deb8z;6877847

Cool,told me i was on AOL:thumbsup:

lmao, it got mine right but moved me 100mls north to edinburgh

Maybe the service is blocked because he hasn't been paying for it?!

Oops. Beaten to it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846125
    2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam33
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2077
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764100

See more discussions