How do i get Dell to make my laptop and dispatch it quicker

Hey, i ordered one of the Dell Vostro 1500 Laptops a week ago last tuesday, however, the expected dispatch date is the 30th April - I really could do with the Laptop sooner than that as i have sold the PC im typing on now and need to send it to the buyer.

I was just wondering, is there any way i can get them to send it me any quicker than the estimated dispatch date, ie sending them an email, ringing them up, are there any specific things i can say to get them to send it quicker.

kind regards, Christine

8 Comments

prob not whilst staying in the realms of decency

Yes

I have all my orders fast tracked. Just simply make friends with an account manager and he will look after you.

He will chase up orders for you too. You would probably need to be a business user like myself though. I got my custom-made Vostro 1700 in literally days.

Get compensation for the delay in the delivery. Say the only reasons you ordered it was for a buinsess trip and now that its too late. Ask for compensation, as in the end I got £60 off my order but I had a few other problems too.

shall i just ring up and say something like "is there any way it can be delivered faster?" someone think of a reason for me Im no good at this sort of stuff, i just need the laptop so i can send this PC off to the buyer

They usually send your laptop a bit before the estimated day, Ordered my Vostro 1700 on the Thursday, arrived the Wednesday and was supposed to arrive the following Tuesday

jmase;1903930

shall i just ring up and say something like "is there any way it can be … shall i just ring up and say something like "is there any way it can be delivered faster?" someone think of a reason for me Im no good at this sort of stuff, i just need the laptop so i can send this PC off to the buyer

Feel free to call me thick - but surely you shouldn't have sold the PC until your laptop had arrived. :whistling:

It's harsh - but this mess is all your own creating. You will need to be patient and wait, just because you decide you want it quicker Dell aren't going to process it faster.

aye i guess so, i just didnt expect the PC to sell so quickly! I'll just have to wait then

highguyuk;1903970

Feel free to call me thick - but surely you shouldn't have sold the PC … Feel free to call me thick - but surely you shouldn't have sold the PC until your laptop had arrived. :whistling:It's harsh - but this mess is all your own creating. You will need to be patient and wait, just because you decide you want it quicker Dell aren't going to process it faster.

exactly, there's a queue of orders. Your's shouldn't be prioritised because you sold your pc.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1224
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764103
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17396138
    4. Sad news about Barcelona2186

See more discussions