Groups

How do I get dents out of the carpet

I have just got rid of my old sofa and it has left some dents in my new carpet.

Anyone no how i can get rid of them?

24 Comments

Rub them?

I think you should just keep trying to brush it up on a regular basis

ice on there

Stanley knife?

go go hamsters?

Blow on the area

Starr;7117658

Blow on the area

Goes with my suggestion nicely.

AshleyRFC;7117702

Goes with my suggestion nicely.

:-D:whistling:

Banned

dent the whole carpet?

pair of tweezers and pull each strand back

get a fat person to roll across the rest of the carpet

Banned

Time is the best cure.

Use the hoover nozzle and keep sucking it and dragging across the dented area

Please no comments :whistling:

Leave ice cubes in the dents, by the time they melt, the dentrs will have gone!

I saw this solution on a TV channel. I cannot remember which or when.

Use a ice cube. Sorry I can't remember any other details i.e. time to leave the ice cube on the dint. I also guess they must have used some kitchen roll after a period of time to dry the patch. Then maybe a vacuum cleaner.

jadpager;7117988

I saw this solution on a TV channel. I cannot remember which or when.Use … I saw this solution on a TV channel. I cannot remember which or when.Use a ice cube. Sorry I can't remember any other details i.e. time to leave the ice cube on the [COLOR="Red"]dint.[/COLOR] I also guess they must have used some kitchen roll after a period of time to dry the patch. Then maybe a vacuum cleaner.

Thats fine for [COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"]dints[/COLOR][/COLOR] but what about dents :whistling:

Yep, definitely ice.

save yourself some hassle get the old sofa back

or do the unthinkable and wait for the time when you trip over the dog/object whilst holding a tin of paint (with the lid off of course)

g1bbuk;7117977

Leave ice cubes in the dents, by the time they melt, the dentrs will have … Leave ice cubes in the dents, by the time they melt, the dentrs will have gone!

+1

My mother used to do this... it works!

Ice is the answer...but don't just put ice cubes straight onto your carpet!!!
    Put loads of ice into a plastic bag and leave on carpet until ice has melted. You may have to do this several times, before the dents disappear. :thumbsup:

On second thoughts, use the ice in a couple of vodka martinis then you wont care about the dents!

I still reckon a stanley knife will solve the problem. Maybe my solution is too simple to be believable. Ho hum....

one of these....

http://www.jimwcoleman.com/photoblog/042906%20grass%20roller.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions