How do I get my AVCHD videofiles off my Lumix tz7 camera onto my harddrive

11 replies
Found 24th Jan 2010
I am going away next week and want to take all the pics and videos off my camera and put them on the harddrive. I can see all the photos but i cant see the video files when i go to my computer. They only show up when im using Panasonics photofunstudio software. How do you use that software to download them to the harddrive?????????????????

11 Comments

On the GH1/GF1, AVCHD video files are stored in \Private\AVCHD\BDMV\Stream

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;7638697

On the GH1/GF1, AVCHD video files are stored in … On the GH1/GF1, AVCHD video files are stored in \Private\AVCHD\BDMV\StreamJohn

whats GH1/GF1 ?

if you read your instructions, on the video settings menu there is 2 choices one choice is for playing from the camera to a tv, the other is for playing on a computer and transferring, iyou have to record your videos in the second format and i believe that in that format you can transfer to pc,

You don't need the software just go via your memory card or direct from camera \PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM & you will see them named 00000.mts 00001.mts 00002.mts etc

AVCHD files have an extention of .mts so just drag & drop or copy & paste.

Original Poster

waycash;7639639

if you read your instructions, on the video settings menu there is 2 … if you read your instructions, on the video settings menu there is 2 choices one choice is for playing from the camera to a tv, the other is for playing on a computer and transferring, iyou have to record your videos in the second format and i believe that in that format you can transfer to pc,

how can i re record the videos?

Original Poster

is there a software to convert avchd files to mpegs??

peterjmay;7640447

is there a software to convert avchd files to mpegs??

The GH1/GF1 are other Panasonic AVCHD cameras which use the same file structure for AVCHD files. Wikipedia have a list of some conversion utilities here:

en.wikipedia.org/wik…CHD

Although you may be better to set the camera to record in mjpeg rather than avchd if you're not wanting to edit them.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;7640626

The GH1/GF1 are other Panasonic AVCHD cameras which use the same file … The GH1/GF1 are other Panasonic AVCHD cameras which use the same file structure for AVCHD files. Wikipedia have a list of some conversion utilities here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD#ConvertingAlthough you may be better to set the camera to record in mjpeg rather than avchd if you're not wanting to edit them.John

howd u do that?

It's under the movie settings, someone has linked to the manual above which will give you the exact steps.

John

Original Poster

hallelujah, ive done it, thanks guys
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?1321
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming3257
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428714680
    4. Wow apple you really are bad2128

See more discussions