how do I get my iPhone replaced under warranty with Apple?

Found 21st Feb 2016
I'm not happy with my iPhone 6S. Lots of times calls fail and sometimes they are scrambled. I reset the phone about 1 months ago and it still does it.

How can I get it replaced at the Apple Store without multiple trips? Also, I very much doubt the problem will be demonstrable at the appt as its so intermittent. I previously had a 6 on the same network and never had these issues. I don't want them to fob me off telling me to get a replacement SIM card etc or reset it again.
Community Updates
10 Comments
You can do it in one visit
Go to your local store. You may need to register and go back when they send you a text
The earlier you go the less you will have to wait
Explain your problem. Tell them you got a new sim from your network and it's the same and they'll check for water damage. If none, they'll exchange there and then.
You won't get a charger or headphones
Back up your phone before going as they'll factory reset the phone before taking it
That's what happened to me and I had an intermittent problem. They didn't check. Their policy to believe you and keep you happy (unless it's water damaged)
Good luck
sheikh69

You can do it in one visitGo to your local store. You may need to … You can do it in one visitGo to your local store. You may need to register and go back when they send you a textThe earlier you go the less you will have to waitExplain your problem. Tell them you got a new sim from your network and it's the same and they'll check for water damage. If none, they'll exchange there and then. You won't get a charger or headphones Back up your phone before going as they'll factory reset the phone before taking itThat's what happened to me and I had an intermittent problem. They didn't check. Their policy to believe you and keep you happy (unless it's water damaged)Good luck

I agree with sheikh69. I had this issue with my iPhone 6, I told them I've changed sim and factory restored my phone. Replaced it on the spot
i had this problem when i was on vodafone, thought it was the network oh well
Original Poster
I will give it a go. I do feel the service has gone down hill compared to when the original iPhone came out.
Make a genius appointment online before you go incase they are really busy.
have you tried a new sim?
Have you tried setting up from scratch rather than restoring? When I got my 6S I was getting all sorts f issues which kept carrying over from a restore. With iCloud the device will keep all your passwords saved anyway.
have you tried troubleshooting the problem? googling it? perhaps the issue is linked to cellular/carrier settings or the network?
Didn't they have this problem on the iphone 5 and 4. I know quite a few people who had these and they always sound muffled or really faint when I spoke to them even when I was using a landline yet I could talk to the same people when they were using a hands free kit in their car and all was fine. I just thought that apple had used some microphones that weren't very good.
Original Poster
Sorted - new phone took 10 minutes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants