Groups

How do i get rid of MSN on new laptop please?

The window pops up every time i turn laptop on and its bugging me!

On my old comp i could remove programs in control panel but i cant see that option

Help please xx

8 Comments

You could go to msconfig and tell it not to start with windows, also go to msn options and make sure it's not set to start with windows in there.

If you don't use it at all can you not just uninstall?

Original Poster

I'd like to uninstall it but not sure where to do it. It's got Vista and i'm not used to using it yet lol

Start,control Panel, programs And Features

this will bring up all installed programs on your pc

Original Poster

[email protected];4742165

Start,control Panel, programs And Featuresthis will bring up all … Start,control Panel, programs And Featuresthis will bring up all installed programs on your pc

Thank you!

It's not MSN - its windows live messenger (is that the same thing??) Can see an option to remove it

There is windows live essentials, windows live sign in assistant, windows live sync and windows live upload tool.
    I dont want to do anything wrong so sorry for my stupid questions!

1. In the notification area of the taskbar, click the Messenger icon, and then click Exit.
    2. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    3. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    4. Double-click Windows Live Messenger.
    5. Click Yes.

help.uk.msn.com/liv…273

if you want to remove MSN (windows live messenger)

windows live essentials, windows live sign in assistant, windows live sync and windows live upload tool are all part of Msn

I would remove all of them.

Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help, rep coming your way x

Thank you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764352
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1017
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414089
      4. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.33

See more discussions