How Do I Get The First "Free Month" With Xbox Live Gold?

17 replies
Found 18th Apr 2008
I'm going to finally be getting on Xbox live in a few days after having my Xbox 360 for over a year now. I remember when i bought it (and it also says so on the side of the 360 box) that, as a new member to Xbox live, i can get one month free as a "gold" member (no Austin Powers jokes please). How exactly do i get this first free month?

17 Comments

Original Poster

This is what it actually says on the side of the box:

"...For new Silver members, get the full online gaming experience as an Xbox Live Gold member for 1 month - FREE!"

when i did mine, i just signed up to xbox live with my msn account and it automatically gave me one month free on xbox live. have you tried this?

hypnoticstate;1922701

This is what it actually says on the side of the box:"...For new Silver … This is what it actually says on the side of the box:"...For new Silver members, get the full online gaming experience as an Xbox Live Gold member for 1 month - FREE!"

create a silver account and it will either upgrade automatically or give you the option. I think mine was automatically done. i know this works as i bought the console second hand and the previous owner had his live account on there, i just wiped his and created mine.

Original Poster

amansk;1922702

when i did mine, i just signed up to xbox live with my msn account and it … when i did mine, i just signed up to xbox live with my msn account and it automatically gave me one month free on xbox live. have you tried this?

I haven't got it hooked up to the network yet so i haven't been on it at all yet.

hypnoticstate;1922713

I haven't got it hooked up to the network yet so i haven't been on it at … I haven't got it hooked up to the network yet so i haven't been on it at all yet.

then it should do it automatically when you create a silver account.

Original Poster

amansk;1922726

then it should do it automatically when you create a silver account.

Now i'm worried. I did, about 4 month ago, take the ethernet cable out of my PC and put it in my 360, just to have a quick look at Live and to download the Need For Speed: ProStreet demo (which was rubbish). Now i'm worried that, as of that moment, i had "gold" for 1 month without knowing it and now i have missed out.

hypnoticstate;1922744

Now i'm worried. I did, about 4 month ago, take the ethernet cable out of … Now i'm worried. I did, about 4 month ago, take the ethernet cable out of my PC and put it in my 360, just to have a quick look at Live and to download the Need For Speed: ProStreet demo (which was rubbish). Now i'm worried that, as of that moment, i had "gold" for 1 month without knowing it and now i have missed out.

you can always buy the (month) codes for about £3 on here if thats the case. if you have created a live account before, chances are you may have already activated you free gold live subscription, without knowing it. why not give it a go now, unless you are waiting for GTA4 to come out and try it online ;), then you have to wait another week or so

Original Poster

amansk;1922773

you can always buy the (month) codes for about £3 on here if thats the … you can always buy the (month) codes for about £3 on here if thats the case. if you have created a live account before, chances are you may have already activated you free gold live subscription, without knowing it. why not give it a go now, unless you are waiting for GTA4 to come out and try it online ;), then you have to wait another week or so

I'm waiting for an ethernet cable to arrive. Ordered it online yesterday and should be here in the next 5 days or so. I had to send my 360 away for repair (red ring of death) about 6 month ago and when it came back it came with a 1 month complementary gold subscription card so i can still get on and i'm eventually going to pay for a year but if i can get as many months free as possible then i'm going to take those opportunities.

[QUOTE=hypnoticstate;1922790it came back it came with a 1 month complementary gold subscription card so i can still get on .[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, i have a card sitting on my shelf, waiting for GTA4 then i'll use the one month subscription. :-D

I had 2 1 month trials for some reason. When I went to create another silver account it upgraded it to gold again.

jbarnett;1924627

I had 2 1 month trials for some reason. When I went to create another … I had 2 1 month trials for some reason. When I went to create another silver account it upgraded it to gold again.

Yeah you have a total of 3 one month free trials but they have to be on different accounts.

So you could make 1 silver account and use the first free trial then once its run out make another different account and use the next free trial, etc.

you get 1 month free trial for any silver account you create

so when it asks you if you want a gold or silver acount go for silver then the next page will tell you that you that you have 1 month free gold membership

I bought a 12 month xbox gold membership 4 months ago and its asking me to upgrade to gold! Why is this??

I bought a 12 month xbox gold membership 4 months ago and its asking me to upgrade to gold! Why is this???

Nice

Original Poster

grrrrrrooooovy!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59609
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions