How do i get this out from window handle

Posted 16th FebEdited by:"MR1123"
This should have been attached to the handle right? The middle metal spindle that's shaped like a straight allen key. Well I took off the handle and it wasn't attached now Not sure how to get it out only enough space for a flat screwdriver in that circular gap, used two flat heads but wouldn't work and no it doesn't fit into place when I put the handle back on. Any suggestions welcome thanks.3407809.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Long nose pliers
+1 for long nose pliers
Just in case you haven't already tried this - have you tried putting it back in place with the handle in the open position ?
Needle nose pliers
A few screws along the edge and the casement will pull out. 30 seconds to do that. Then remove that bit and replace.
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Feb
phishwak16/02/2020 14:50

Just in case you haven't already tried this - have you tried putting it …Just in case you haven't already tried this - have you tried putting it back in place with the handle in the open position ?

Doesn't fit into handle to open up I'm afraid when screwed back on.
wayners16/02/2020 16:17

A few screws along the edge and the casement will pull out. 30 seconds to …A few screws along the edge and the casement will pull out. 30 seconds to do that. Then remove that bit and replace.

Hi do you mean on the side of the window? Where the screws are located?
Probably 4 screws along the edge. All the way along.. take them out..go look on YouTube
wayners16/02/2020 17:35

Probably 4 screws along the edge. All the way along.. take them out..go …Probably 4 screws along the edge. All the way along.. take them out..go look on YouTube

Thanks will try that.
Here you go. Simple.

Cheap to buy replacements online. However check it will fit. There are universal ones that I've fitted. Hopefully nothing wrong with the one you got. Handles are cheap too if needed
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Feb
Are you sure the fault isn't in the handle?
Hot glue and a pencil/dowel or try a magnet perhaps.
Errr...how is the OP going to be able to get to the bottom edge of the window where the mechanism is, if the window is shut??

Personnaly I would drill two small holes, one each side of the middle one, so you can get long nose pliers in to get it out.
Edited by: "TGKW" 16th Feb
MR112316/02/2020 17:20

Tried that, it's to fat and I have a very slim one.

Just make the joke that the spindle is in bigger. A new handle is probably wider anyway
Willy_Wonka16/02/2020 18:32

Are you sure the fault isn't in the handle?

I don't think so but only way I can find out is by getting that metal piece out
Pandamansays16/02/2020 18:43

Hot glue and a pencil/dowel or try a magnet perhaps.

Tried a magnet but it's jammed to tight.

TGKW16/02/2020 18:45

Errr...how is the OP going to be able to get to the bottom edge of the …Errr...how is the OP going to be able to get to the bottom edge of the window where the mechanism is, if the window is shut??Personnaly I would drill two small holes, one each side of the middle one, so you can get long nose pliers in to get it out.

I can open it, will try that first but I still think the mechanism won't come out as the spindle is quite long but I shall see. Thanks
Get the mrs eyebrow tweezers and pop it on both sides and pull out. Failing that a dab of super glue on the end of a pen, dowel etc and hold it against the exposed bit. Then pull out gently
MR112316/02/2020 17:20

Tried that, it's to fat and I have a very slim one.

marshy5116/02/2020 18:52

Just make the joke that the spindle is in bigger. A new handle is probably …Just make the joke that the spindle is in bigger. A new handle is probably wider anyway

*hole
Take a punch and hammer. Tap the end of the rod, to help loosen it.
Then spray in some WD40 or similar. Leave a while. Then try the tweezers again,

Another trick, is take 2 screws. Place one each side of the rod. Try threading them in evenly either side. Hopefully as they thread in, they light pull the rod out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants