Groups

How do I get Windows 7 or above for free?

How do I get Windows 7 or above for free?

Just to put it an old laptop/pc

11 Comments

Not free, but near enough...

ebay.co.uk/itm…137?hash=item4b13edfd21:g:~kgAAOSwA3dYCJAT

Its a licenced product so not in free domain
    However you would have cheap licences for sale on ebay often from damaged or disposed laptops

Buy at your own risk and caution incase you are unable to activate

Steal it.

You can run W10 legit without an activation key, but features will be limited.
    Edited by: "bynouk" 20th Mar

Torrents

All you will need is a Win 7 Pro disc or .iso file if you get the above key.

bynouk

Steal it. You can run W10 legit without an activation key, but features … Steal it. You can run W10 legit without an activation key, but features will be limited.

Not by much though, I've seen plenty of people just use it un-activated, MS stopped restricting the OS when not activated back in the vista days....

Unactivated copies of Win 7/8/8.1/10 are limited as below

- Watermark on the lower right-hand corner saying Activate Windows
    - You cannot use anything under Personalization e.g. change wallpaper, accent colors, lock screen, themes, etc. All options are there, they are just grayed out and inaccessible

Uridium

Not by much though, I've seen plenty of people just use it un-activated, … Not by much though, I've seen plenty of people just use it un-activated, MS stopped restricting the OS when not activated back in the vista days....Unactivated copies of Win 7/8/8.1/10 are limited as below- Watermark on the lower right-hand corner saying Activate Windows- You cannot use anything under Personalization e.g. change wallpaper, accent colors, lock screen, themes, etc. All options are there, they are just grayed out and inaccessible

​Yep, I run an old laptop without activation and couldn't believe it when it wasn't crippling what I can do.

I wasn't advocating stealing either, just being honest of how to get it free if you want the "full" OS.

I seem to recall there was some way to "parasitically" alter some of the locked features by inheriting them from an activated system on the same account

3 month trial of Windows 7 enterprise available from Microsoft
    microsoft.com/en-…try

Alternatively sign up to Windows insider program (you become a guinea pig for their patches / updates) insider.windows.com

Original Poster

bynouk

Steal it. You can run W10 legit without an activation key, but features … Steal it. You can run W10 legit without an activation key, but features will be limited.

​how?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. PayPal payment cancellation?33
      2. Xperia X - No notification light for Texts?11
      3. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?34
      4. Decent 4k TV on a budget33

See more discussions