Groups

How do I get windows to open full size on XP please.

I have just re-loaded XP onto my machine after getting a nasty virus ( Don't know why my anti-virus progs didn't pick it up.)
    Thank goodness for backups.
    Machine is really quick now until I load all the dross back onto it. Ha Ha.

Anyway, now when I click on a link to a deal or something like that, IE7 opens up in a tiny window.
    I can't for the life of me find the setting to tell it to open full size.
    Does anybody know?

6 Comments

Banned

Never been able to work this out, I always just expand my window to the full size of the screen, but still in minimised mode. then when I next open a window it opens the full size

Can't you just drag the window from the corner to full size again ? then when you open it the next time it will still be large ?
    This happens on Vista ... cant remember if it's the same for XP or not !

It's a Reg key that setting it.

Download and open this file and all Explorer windows will be full screen : :thumbsup:

kellys-korner-xp.com/reg…reg (XP Only)

Original Poster

Sorted, thanks guys.
    The first two answers solve the problem.
    It's not as nice as I thought it would be, I would have thought Bill Gates would have given me a button or a switch to do it for me. Ha Ha.
    Sigma, I couldn't find the button you were talking about but thanks for looking. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Wow, More answers as I was typing my thanks.
    I must type quicker.

Rep left for you all ( Nearly reported your post Snowtiger instead of leaving rep, as I was going too quick. Ha Ha ).

Case closed. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Consider using alternative browsers - you never know, you may prefer one of them. If you don't - carry on using IE8, just reset it as your default browser :-

]Mozilla Firefox
    ]Opera
    ]Google Chrome

Opera is my favourite.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***418
      2. love affairs1649
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      4. Important info for Ryanair customers1825