Groups

How do I know if my hand is broken?....it's now confirmed it is broken.......going into op tomorrow

I had some problems tonight and I ended up punching a solid wall and half of my hand has completely swollen and I can't move it plus it constantly hurts but it's bearable for the time being at the very least.

I can't be bothered to go hospital tonight, since it'll take all night long to get it checked out but everyone around me reckons it's broken and it kills to type.

EDIT: It's now confirmed it is broken

EDIT AGAIN: Having an op tomorrow and fingers crossed it goes well when they install a wire.

104 Comments

Put some ice on it, it should reduce the swell, I dont think its broken, but you never know. Sorry by the way, hope you get better

sounds like you dislocated your wrist? not being funny, but if you "can't" move your hand at all, you should really get it checked up. If you can move it but it hurts, then its better as it might be just a bruise, but at least get it checked up. since it hurts, it means blood is still flowing in your arms, so my bet is that you are ok for now, but hey, im no doctor.

My advice dont type :thinking:

why did u punch a wall, prob broke something there, lol next time take it out on a cushion...ull always win that way

Hi Mate, Knowing you through HUKD I am sure you had good reason. My advice would be to try to chill out, as I'm sure it will either get worse or feel a lot better in the morning! Please don't think that I'm not being helpful as I have been there,done that, as they say everything seems better in the morning! I really do hope that your feeling better mate. :thumbsup:

If your hand starts to feel funny/numb and/or starts to go a funny colour go to a&e.
    I hope it is just bruised and that you're alright.

Nitro111;3174019

Hi Mate, Knowing you through HUKD I am sure you had good reason. My … Hi Mate, Knowing you through HUKD I am sure you had good reason. My advice would be to try to chill out, as I'm sure it will either get worse or feel a lot better in the morning! Please don't think that I'm not being helpful as I have been there,done that, as they say everything seems better in the morning! I really do hope that your feeling better mate. :thumbsup:

if uve been drinking (which i reckon u have if uve been starting on a wall) it definately wont feel better in the morning, ull have a headache and ur pain receptors will b back to 100%, id recommend that u get a cab to the hospital, u may have to wait 3 hours but im sure theyl give u drugs for the pain or a cast if u need it, better option imo than goin there tomorrow hungover and in severe pain.

acecatcher3;3174027

if uve been drinking (which i reckon u have if uve been starting on a … if uve been drinking (which i reckon u have if uve been starting on a wall) it definately wont feel better in the morning, ull have a headache and ur pain receptors will b back to 100%, id recommend that u get a cab to the hospital, u may have to wait 3 hours but im sure theyl give u drugs for the pain or a cast if u need it, better option imo than goin there tomorrow hungover and in severe pain.

Thanks for another pointless post! The guy is now offline & has posted more deals than you could dream about! Please don't accuse people of being drunk as there are many reasons for taking out anger on walls or any other imovable objects!

Original Poster

Sorry guys. was just on the phone to a friend.

I have been drinking but not excessive amounts, as I was only slightly tipsy, but I punched the wall while I was out , purely out of frustration (unfortunately, there was no cushions about and the wall didn't seem that hard until I made contact :giggle:).

My hand is starting to hurt more than earlier and I've been advised that if it is broken, it will be in a unbearable state tomorrow morning but I really don't want to wait at least 5 hours in a hospital.

My palm is starting to change colour but I'm hoping it's just bruising and possibly a sprain.

Does anyone have some advice on how to look after it while I'm at home, as I'm very tired and want to sleep.

Nitro111;3174042

Thanks for another pointless post! The guy is now offline & has posted … Thanks for another pointless post! The guy is now offline & has posted more deals than you could dream about! Please don't accuse people of being drunk as there are many reasons for taking out anger on walls or any other imovable objects!

wasnt accusing rfm of being drunk i presumed, he said on a thread earlier that he had been drinking so i put him drinking and punching a wall as him being drunk, as for ur comment about many reasons for takin out anger on a wall, u lost me there, i dont know many ppl who justify hitting walls when they r sober :?, only time i here of people hitting the wal is during marathons :thumbsup: Moving onto the "rfm has posted more deals than u could dream about"comment.... i didnt get that either i didnt mention anything about rfms posts on deals, maybe thats why u think he punched a wall, im not sure.

my first post was merey a bit of humour, just checked and rfm has replied, knew hed find the cushion bit funny, im sorry that u thought i was bein serious nitro i guess sarcasm/humour is difficult to pick up sometimes on the internet instead of face to face.

my last post was serious tho, if it is broke, the pain rfm is feeling now will b increased tenfold, so i suggested he take a cab to hospital and endure the 3 hours of waiting instead of having to endure 3 hours of waiting tomorrow in a worse situation (ie the alchohol is a dumbing affect atm)

lasty i have no problem with u bro, can see ur friends with rfm on here, thought i was attacking him, and therefore felt it appropriate to defend him.

just remember its just the internet! night! :thumbsup:

realfriendlyman;3174048

Sorry guys. was just on the phone to a friend.I have been drinking but … Sorry guys. was just on the phone to a friend.I have been drinking but not excessive amounts, as I was only slightly tipsy, but I punched the wall while I was out , purely out of frustration (unfortunately, there was no cushions about and the wall didn't seem that hard until I made contact :giggle:).My hand is starting to hurt more than earlier and I've been advised that if it is broken, it will be in a unbearable state tomorrow morning but I really don't want to wait at least 5 hours in a hospital.My palm is starting to change colour but I'm hoping it's just bruising and possibly a sprain.Does anyone have some advice on how to look after it while I'm at home, as I'm very tired and want to sleep.

Hi Mate. I'm not a doctor, but going to A&E anywhere in London is a complete pain! My hand turned a nasty colour after about an hour. I slept & guess what, It was worse in the morning,but at least I saved myself 4+ hours surrounded by complete idiots. Please remember a lot worse can happen in A&E this time of night!

acecatcher3;3174056

wasnt accusing rfm of being drunk i presumed, he said on a thread earlier … wasnt accusing rfm of being drunk i presumed, he said on a thread earlier that he had been drinking so i put him drinking and punching a wall as him being drunk, as for ur comment about many reasons for takin out anger on a wall, u lost me there, i dont know many ppl who justify hitting walls when they r sober :?, only time i here of people hitting the wal is during marathons :thumbsup: Moving onto the "rfm has posted more deals than u could dream about"comment.... i didnt get that either i didnt mention anything about rfms posts on deals, maybe thats why u think he punched a wall, im not sure.my first post was merey a bit of humour, just checked and rfm has replied, knew hed find the cushion bit funny, im sorry that u thought i was bein serious nitro i guess sarcasm/humour is difficult to pick up sometimes on the internet instead of face to face.my last post was serious tho, if it is broke, the pain rfm is feeling now will b increased tenfold, so i suggested he take a cab to hospital and endure the 3 hours of waiting instead of having to endure 3 hours of waiting tomorrow in a worse situation (ie the alchohol is a dumbing affect atm)lasty i have no problem with u bro, can see ur friends with rfm on here, thought i was attacking him, and therefore felt it appropriate to defend him. just remember its just the internet! night! :thumbsup:

Not a problem! What we never know is the guy behind the posts, In this case believe me he is not a person that I have ever known to whine & Avatars deciev!e So no problem.

i once broke an arm but didn't get it checked out til the 3rd day - were really killing me was the pain, kept it under water most of the time and even tried using it normally. upon checking it the doctor said it would slide back in place and so it was.
    a hand is of course a different matter , you could have multiple fractures in which case it will require immediate attention. get a pack of frozen peas and dip your hand in to ease pain.

realfriendlyman;3174048

Sorry guys. was just on the phone to a friend.I have been drinking but … Sorry guys. was just on the phone to a friend.I have been drinking but not excessive amounts, as I was only slightly tipsy, but I punched the wall while I was out , purely out of frustration (unfortunately, there was no cushions about and the wall didn't seem that hard until I made contact :giggle:).My hand is starting to hurt more than earlier and I've been advised that if it is broken, it will be in a unbearable state tomorrow morning but I really don't want to wait at least 5 hours in a hospital.My palm is starting to change colour but I'm hoping it's just bruising and possibly a sprain.Does anyone have some advice on how to look after it while I'm at home, as I'm very tired and want to sleep.

I have done EXACTLY the same as you, I left it until the morning after and went to A and E.
    Luckily the pain in the hand took my mind off any hangover that I would normally have had.
    Basically...just keep it comfortable, try not to use it at all, and if you can make yourself an improvsed sling, all the better. Good lucksies.

personally mate i have not simpathy im not saying your not a nice guy or having a go but their is NEVER NEVER NEVER a need for that its jst silly on your part

best bet defo get to the hospital to see if its broken

and when you feel better in the morning maybe some anger management classes

their is lots of ppl who can help with anger these days

keep your chin up and keep smiling buddy no need to injur yourself like that

scotland88;3174083

personally mate i have not simpathy im not saying your not a nice guy or … personally mate i have not simpathy im not saying your not a nice guy or having a go but their is NEVER NEVER NEVER a need for that its jst silly on your part best bet defo get to the hospital to see if its broken and when you feel better in the morning maybe some anger management classestheir is lots of ppl who can help with anger these days keep your chin up and keep smiling buddy no need to injur yourself like that

Here endest the lesson.

In Glasgow? LOL ! This should be in the Misc's Section under jokes?

Nitro111;3174092

Here endest the lesson.In Glasgow? LOL ! This should be in the Misc's … Here endest the lesson.In Glasgow? LOL ! This should be in the Misc's Section under jokes?

not everyone that lives in Glasgow is an ass.

Hope you got it or are getting it sorted RFM

I would have said leave it til the morning - A&E is no fun on a Saturday night

Good luck

scotland88;3174083

personally mate i have not simpathy im not saying your not a nice guy or … personally mate i have not simpathy im not saying your not a nice guy or having a go but their is NEVER NEVER NEVER a need for that its jst silly on your part their is lots of ppl who can help with anger these days

Thats a bit out of order mate I've found myself in many situations where punching a wall/door/inanimate object to be the lesser of two evils, if someone winds you up and you end up hitting them its going to be a night in the cells and another prison term, punching a wall is at least only hurting yourself, you arent damaging it either so no crim damage charges. You sound like my probation officer, and anger management classes dont work for all people, these are run because they do work for 50% of people at best and the government can say they are addressing the situation.

Hope your hand is feeling better now RFM and in sincerity well done for hitting a wall rather than a person.
    If your hand is no better then as people have said mate get to A&E.

Banned

The longer you leave it without getting it seen, the greater the chase of permanent damage. I broke my finger once when doing something similar and just left it to heal itself. My little finger now doesn't straighten. It healed itself - but not in the correct position. Get to A&E ASAP.

RFM! Get to the hospital if you haven't done so already!

Guvs right about it healing but wrongly! We need your hand to be fixed so as you can keep typing here!
    :thumbsup:

Hope you're feeling a bit better, and your hand is sorted!

Banned

Hope you feel better this morning x x

Woman involved for sure. I punched a wall once so know how it feels............ however it was in junior school and we where trying to be bruce lee.

The longer you leave it without getting it seen, the greater the chase of … The longer you leave it without getting it seen, the greater the chase of permanent damage. I broke my finger once when doing something similar and just left it to heal itself. My little finger now doesn't straighten. It healed itself - but not in the correct position. Get to A&E ASAP.

lol i done exactly the same, rode into a wall on a bike when i was drunk years ago, obviously broke my right little finger but didnt go to hosp, it doesnt straighten properly now

harlzter;3174324

if someone winds you up and you end up hitting them its going to be a … if someone winds you up and you end up hitting them its going to be a night in the cells and another prison term, punching a wall is at least only hurting yourself, you arent damaging it either so no crim damage charges. You sound like my probation officer, and anger management classes dont work for all people, these are run because they do work for 50% of people at best and the government can say they are addressing the situation.Hope your hand is feeling better now RFM and in sincerity well done for hitting a wall rather than a person.If your hand is no better then as people have said mate get to A&E.

You sound like ross kemp in extras

Nitro111;3174092

Here endest the lesson.In Glasgow? LOL ! This should be in the Misc's … Here endest the lesson.In Glasgow? LOL ! This should be in the Misc's Section under jokes?

dont live in glasgow but your assumtions make me laugh "lol" SEE!!!!

harlzter;3174324

Thats a bit out of order mate I've found myself in many situations where … Thats a bit out of order mate I've found myself in many situations where punching a wall/door/inanimate object to be the lesser of two evils, if someone winds you up and you end up hitting them its going to be a night in the cells and another prison term, punching a wall is at least only hurting yourself, you arent damaging it either so no crim damage charges. You sound like my probation officer, and anger management classes dont work for all people, these are run because they do work for 50% of people at best and the government can say they are addressing the situation.Hope your hand is feeling better now RFM and in sincerity well done for hitting a wall rather than a person.If your hand is no better then as people have said mate get to A&E.

violence is never the answer...you shouldnt be punching walls or people..controlling your anger is the best way of calming yourself down

no-one needs to punch anything or anybody its just an excuse

and a bad one at that

Original Poster

I'm sorry if this thread caused any arguements last night, that wasn;t my intentions, as I was just looking for some advice and eventually fell asleep, so it can't be that bad.

It does hurt a lot this morning but it seems to be bearable...ish and it still hurts when I type.

i don't think my hand is broken but it's swollen a lot and i can't move my fingers but my palm seems to be quite bruised.

I think I'm gonna go A&E shortly....just hope the queues aren't as long as it would of been last night. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice offered everyone and I'll keep you updated.

Original Poster

scotland88;3174899

violence is never the answer...you shouldnt be punching walls or … violence is never the answer...you shouldnt be punching walls or people..controlling your anger is the best way of calming yourself down no-one needs to punch anything or anybody its just an excuseand a bad one at that

It wasn't an excuse not to punch anyone.........I was just annoyed at the silliest arguement once again with the same person and because they continued to try and get me worked up and then refused to listen to reason, I punched the wall out of frustration (which really did seem a lot softer than I ever imagined lol)

I wish last night didn't happen........and please no one mention chicken breast to me for a while. :giggle:

realfriendlyman;3174991

It wasn't an excuse not to punch anyone.........I was just annoyed at the … It wasn't an excuse not to punch anyone.........I was just annoyed at the silliest arguement once again with the same person and because they continued to try and get me worked up and then refused to listen to reason, I punched the wall out of frustration (which really did seem a lot softer than I ever imagined lol)I wish last night didn't happen........and please no one mention chicken breast to me for a while. :giggle:

Wasn't online last night, but for the record, my advice would've been to call NHS Direct 0845 46 47, and they would've advised whether it needed checking out and what to do in the meantime :thumbsup:

Oh dear RFman - you can get those cold wrap things from the chemist that they recommend for sporting injuries. The sporting injured themselves will be flocking to A & E pretty soon so pick up something form the chemist on your way to beat the rush. Take care (and don't do it again :p). xxx

realfriendlyman;3174991

It wasn't an excuse not to punch anyone.........I was just annoyed at the … It wasn't an excuse not to punch anyone.........I was just annoyed at the silliest arguement once again with the same person and because they continued to try and get me worked up and then refused to listen to reason, I punched the wall out of frustration (which really did seem a lot softer than I ever imagined lol)I wish last night didn't happen........and please no one mention chicken breast to me for a while. :giggle:

nah mate i wasnt insinuating YOU punched a wall cos of somebody...

im glad you managed to get some sleep

last night i was simply trying to state that their is better ways of getting your anger out then punching stuff and hurting yourself or others.....

i just dont feel violence is the answer too anything

Gjdm.

Original Poster

scotland88;3175065

nah mate i wasnt insinuating YOU punched a wall cos of somebody...im glad … nah mate i wasnt insinuating YOU punched a wall cos of somebody...im glad you managed to get some sleep last night i was simply trying to state that their is better ways of getting your anger out then punching stuff and hurting yourself or others.....i just dont feel violence is the answer too anything

I couldn't agree more with you...I used to enjoy fighting as a kid until I realised it doesn't solve anything and just makes matters a lot worse, so I tend to stay away from it and would only use it as a last resort but again, it would probably make things worse.

I wish I didn't punch the wall or have the arguement......basically I wish that last night ever occurred and just can't wait to move on to new and better things.

sigma;3175190

RFM, quite a few of my family do martial arts & the hand has many bones & … RFM, quite a few of my family do martial arts & the hand has many bones & tendons which can be damaged. Yours sounds like you've injured your hand, please pop down to A&E for an X-Ray as the longer you leave it the more complicated the treatment will become.& growing up in a large family with brothers, nephews & now having sons & a husband - the whole punching a hard object can happen to most males at some time in their lives in my female experience & it's much better than actually hitting a person, but you need to get your hand checked out now. Take care ;-)

Cheers Sigma, I'm just waiting for my Dad to pick me up, who should be here in the next 5 mins and I'll try to remember that if I ever do punch a wall again, I'll do it with my left hand (which is my hand I can barely do anything with......except eat crisps. :giggle:

scotland88;3175065

nah mate i wasnt insinuating YOU punched a wall cos of somebody...im glad … nah mate i wasnt insinuating YOU punched a wall cos of somebody...im glad you managed to get some sleep last night i was simply trying to state that their is better ways of getting your anger out then punching stuff and hurting yourself or others.....i just dont feel violence is the answer too anything

And you have a picture of Hulk Hogan as your avatar... :whistling:

Banned

realfriendlyman;3174991

Chicken breast.

guv;3175980

Chicken breast.

nice one guv, another defenseless wall will suffer now

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3176417

nice one guv, another defenseless wall will suffer now

Cool, I've just smashed another in retaliation and will do so every hour until Guv appologises.....ok.......maybe not since the wall seems to be harder than my hand. :giggle:

Just came back from the hospital and foundout it wasn't just a standard wall but a RSJ (reinforced steel joint) and have got the results from the x-ray. :oops:

it's definitely broken and i;ll have to be in a sling for 6 weeks, then have phsiopherapy and hopefully i won't require an op after but there will be a permanent mark to remind me and hopefully things will get back to normal next year but there's no guarantees. :oops:

Banned

Ooh dear. Which hand was it?

(No smutty remarks please!!!!)

Original Poster

guv;3177625

Ooh dear. Which hand was it?(No smutty remarks please!!!!)

put it this way........my other hand can't do anything (i'm right handed) :oops:

i'm in for a nightmare now and i'm so down about this. :-(

Original Poster

jellybaby22;3177636

:giggle:sorry to hear about your hand...have brokem my fingers … :giggle:sorry to hear about your hand...have brokem my fingers before..and I know that was sore

how did you brake your fingers babes.......or don't i want to know? :giggle:

awww poor you.... hope you're ok. i have broken my hand before punching a wall when i was younger and bad tempered lol..... the hospital said only boxers got brakes like it so i had some explaining to do to my mum.... i actually puched the wall instead of my friend coz she was coming onto my then boyfriend.... such a nice person wasn't i lol:w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119
      3. Going in style uv code give away33
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891717

See more discussions