Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How do I know if my hand is broken?....it's now confirmed it is broken.......going into op tomorrow

Posted 12th Oct 2008
I had some problems tonight and I ended up punching a solid wall and half of my hand has completely swollen and I can't move it plus it constantly hurts but it's bearable for the time being at the very least.

I can't be bothered to go hospital tonight, since it'll take all night long to get it checked out but everyone around me reckons it's broken and it kills to type.

EDIT: It's now confirmed it is broken

EDIT AGAIN: Having an op tomorrow and fingers crossed it goes well when they install a wire.
Community Updates
Misc
100 Comments
hahaha aww this is too much, I'm in stitches here hahahaha!

Enjoy learning how to wipe your **** with your left hand.
leefal;3178840

hahaha aww this is too much, I'm in stitches here hahahaha!Enjoy learning … hahaha aww this is too much, I'm in stitches here hahahaha!Enjoy learning how to wipe your **** with your left hand.

That wasn't quite what I was thinking!!!! :thinking:
Poor wall. :-( No-one spares a thought for the innocent party. I hope it sues you. ;-)
sigma;3178658

Hope it's all better soon

Lol, I have to say I found that quite funny but I wish my hand was in the same state. :oops:
oh dear, no advce but hope your hand feels better soon x
leefal;3178840

hahaha aww this is too much, I'm in stitches here hahahaha!Enjoy learning … hahaha aww this is too much, I'm in stitches here hahahaha!Enjoy learning how to wipe your **** with your left hand.

Actually.......I used my broken hand to do it earlier today and I believe I will do so for a while. :giggle:

I think I know what Guv was trying to suggest.....so he's even dirtier than you. :giggle:
realfriendlyman;3179543

I think I know what Guv was trying to suggest.....so he's even dirtier … I think I know what Guv was trying to suggest.....so he's even dirtier than you. :giggle:

I'm sure I don't know what you mean!!! :w00t:
sassie;3179541

oh dear, no advce but hope your hand feels better soon x

Thanks babes cos my hands are quite the tool for causing excitement.......dunno if it'll have the same effect with a sling rubbing up against everything. :giggle:
guv;3179552

I'm sure I don't know what you mean!!! :w00t:

Hmmm......maybe you can show people what you mean.......I just don't wanna be a part of it. :giggle:
Aww I hope you hand is feeling better soon. Glad you went to the hospital. I think I broke, or badly fractured my ankle once but never got it looked at. It was so much agony. I could have passed out from the pain. Now I have a funny bone sticking out at a funny angle and it aches in cold weather lol
realfriendlyman;3179566

Hmmm......maybe you can show people what you mean.......I just don't … Hmmm......maybe you can show people what you mean.......I just don't wanna be a part of it. :giggle:

It's an excuse to ask a woman for some help...though you may end up being the one punched this time lol
realfriendlyman;3179566

Hmmm......maybe you can show people what you mean.......I just don't … Hmmm......maybe you can show people what you mean.......I just don't wanna be a part of it. :giggle:

Receiving money of course. But since you want no part of it - can I have the money you were meant to be receiving?
deleted66159
Good job that you went to the hospital then.
They could tell what sort of wall it was from the X-Ray?? Amazing what they can do now-a-days.;-)
Seriously, hope it heals quickly and stops hurting a lot sooner than the six weeks in the sling. I'm sure you'll soon be ambidextrous.
guv;3179666

Receiving money of course. But since you want no part of it - can I have … Receiving money of course. But since you want no part of it - can I have the money you were meant to be receiving?

OMG, I didn't know I could receive money out of this.....GIMME GIMME GIMME :giggle:

chesso;3180126

Good job that you went to the hospital then. They could tell what sort of … Good job that you went to the hospital then. They could tell what sort of wall it was from the X-Ray?? Amazing what they can do now-a-days.;-)Seriously, hope it heals quickly and stops hurting a lot sooner than the six weeks in the sling. I'm sure you'll soon be ambidextrous.

Yes, they could see a chunk of steel lodged in my knuckles. :giggle:
Seriously though, a very special person told me over the phone that the wall is called RSJ while I was at the hospital.......she knows everything and she's my rock.....but not my steel. :-D

:giggle:
Just came back from the hospital and I'm having an op tomorrow morning, as they're saying it will cause problems if I don't.

Gonna have a wire installed and I'm hoping my "beautiful hands" (as some have called it) doesn't end up with the scar they said would be the worst case scenario if all doesn't go according to plan when they pull my finger out of place. :cry:
Eeek! Not read the whole thread but good luck for tomorrow!!
sadiebabes;3202770

Eeek! Not read the whole thread but good luck for tomorrow!!

Thank you, gave you some rep for it.
Aww thank you... Are you scared?! I shattered the bones in two of my fingers a couple of years ago (think it was called a boxer's/boxing fracture?!) and was told they might need to wire the bones back together and I was terrified... Luckily (?!!!) the pieces of bone had shattered in to tiny pieces, too small to be wired back together so they were just put in a splint and left to heal themselves... Fingers are a bit lumpy but not too bad :lol:
Good luck for tomorrow RFM :thumbsup: I knackered both of my ankles years ago, and never went to get them checked out..... was a big mistake cos they still cause me grief now :oops:
sounds more serious than I assumed...
gl op - i have a distinct feeling it will be alright.
deleted35540
just seen this, ouch, what made you do that? good luck mate
sadiebabes;3202993

Aww thank you... Are you scared?! I shattered the bones in two of my … Aww thank you... Are you scared?! I shattered the bones in two of my fingers a couple of years ago (think it was called a boxer's/boxing fracture?!) and was told they might need to wire the bones back together and I was terrified... Luckily (?!!!) the pieces of bone had shattered in to tiny pieces, too small to be wired back together so they were just put in a splint and left to heal themselves... Fingers are a bit lumpy but not too bad :lol:

Yeah......I am scared.......I was almost in tears when they told me and I get a lump in my throat every time I tell anyone.

There's a high success rate but they said there's always a risk of nerve damage........I can't believe this is all happening.....I was actually really looking forward to saturday night all week long. :cry:

My hands were always one of my best qualities and it might be scarred for life now.
Oh hun, sorry you need an operation now, & hope it goes well. Let us know how you've got on once you get back home & are okay. Let everyone make a fuss of you at home & get lots of TLC from your loved ones.

& just think when it's all over, they will tease you about this for years to come ;-)

Good luck & really hope it goes well.
I had an operation to put a pin in my thumb after it was set wrong, that left a nasty scar and my thumb didn't grow at all after the op (i was about 12)

But i'm sure everything will be fine for you! Good luck!
Don't worry about the OP. They'll knock you out........think of it as a chance for a nice kip.

Last time i had one i slept for ages for about a week clearing it out my system. It was lovely all that time chilling in bed. :-D
Good luck for tomorrow, but I'm sure it will all be fine. Unless you have the surgeon that did my emergency caesarean a few years ago, in which case, be afraid....be very afraid :-D
Thanks everyone, I'm going to sleep now and as I have to get up at 6am for my appointment......lets hope the operation is successful, as I'm desperate not to full blown huge scar on my hand and I'm going to my friends wedding straight after.....so I don't want to be depressed on their special day. :oops:

Thanks again everyone and even though I'm worried about the op, someone very special has promised me I will come out perfectly fine with no ill effects and their little one made me laugh when he tried to give me some much needed courage.
awww good luck.... you'll be fine :thumbsup:
deleted27330
Ok so I know you are already at the hospital but you can read this when you get home xxx

3209059-XPPx4

deleted66159
I've just got back from a short break, to see the latest - poor you! .xx
Hope that it has all gone well. Scars on the hand are very manly.:thumbsup:
Don't get it, when I broke my hand they did SFA I had it checked by a copper first after punching some bloke who was bear hugging me, I even shook all the coppers hands after wards hurt like hell. Went to the hospital had to sleep in reception till they had staff in the morning then had x-ray (broken 5th metacarpal). Took forever to get better, then took a further 6 years for it to stop hurting like hell when ever I tapped it on something.

[image missing]

deleted27330
Update - they operated on Thursday to insert the wire and there have been some complications he is unable to move his middle fingers and they suspect the wire may be touching the tendons so he is still in hospital. The doctors are going to review the situation later today and decide whether they need to operate again.
deleted66159
Thanks Fireheaven for the update.

RFMan, I'm sorry that there have been some complications and problems with your middle fingers. Whether they decide to operate again or not, I hope that it is sorted out quickly and that you're not in too much pain. All this because of one little moment - it seems a bit unfair.
I've been to Bergamo for a mid-week break. It was lovely!!
I'll cross my fingers but you'll just have to touch wood.
Your PM box is full.
Get well soon, love Chesso xx
I don't get it why is he getting this preferential treatment? it was self inflicted, serves him right! I broke mine defending myself against a man twice my age (I was 18 then).
deleted27330
No probs chesso I will post when there is anymore news. He does not have internet access so I have passed your message on
deleted66159
fireheaven;3230883

No probs chesso I will post when there is anymore news. He does not have … No probs chesso I will post when there is anymore news. He does not have internet access so I have passed your message on

Lovely :thumbsup:
deleted27330
lumoruk;3230242

I don't get it why is he getting this preferential treatment? it was self … I don't get it why is he getting this preferential treatment? it was self inflicted, serves him right! I broke mine defending myself against a man twice my age (I was 18 then).

It is the treatment he has been advised to take. Are you telling me if you were offered it you would have turned it down?
Hopefully he won't be punching any more walls any time soon :giggle:
chesso;3229739

Thanks Fireheaven for the update.RFMan, I'm sorry that there have been … Thanks Fireheaven for the update.RFMan, I'm sorry that there have been some complications and problems with your middle fingers. Whether they decide to operate again or not, I hope that it is sorted out quickly and that you're not in too much pain. All this because of one little moment - it seems a bit unfair.I've been to Bergamo for a mid-week break. It was lovely!!I'll cross my fingers but you'll just have to touch wood. Your PM box is full.Get well soon, love Chesso xx

Are you rubbing it in........... :-D

At least if you can't move your middle finger you know what gesture to make in the future.......

fireheaven;3230905

It is the treatment he has been advised to take. Are you telling me if … It is the treatment he has been advised to take. Are you telling me if you were offered it you would have turned it down?

I would have googled my treatment :whistling: All the bones I've broke in my foot, hand, collar bone and rib, never had any treatment doctors always said nah that will heal by itself ;-) Had a suspected burst Aorta, a consultant comes along nah he'll be fine :w00t:

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants