Groups

How do i know if my monitor accepts HD?

Banned
    Basically my 360 is now running through my pc 17" fujitsu siemens tft monitor.
    The VGA cable i use to connect it up to , has a tv switch and a HD switch , which ever way i flick it , both work , but i can't really tell the difference between the other as the switch isn't labbelled HD and TV just blank. How can i find out if it supports HD?

21 Comments

What resolution is your 360 set to?

all monitors are hd.

from memory the switch didn't make a blind bit of difference on my unofficial vga cable so I'd guess this is the same.

Original Poster Banned

My resolution is
    1280 X 1024

thats in hd then.

use the 1024 by 768 one that should be good

Original Poster Banned

Why? It doesn't seem as good , monitor keeps sayng put in 1280 x 1024 for improved picture quality.
    Great so is it worth getting a VGA to HD cable?

You are confusing yourself.
    The VGA cable is capable of HD.
    1280 x 1024 is above HD.

Original Poster Banned

Ohhh , so the cable i have is HD?
    How do i set it to HD though on the 360.. Also i dont know which way to flick the switch for hd

you've got the official one ?

Somewhere on the settings page is a way to change your resolution. Have a look there.

flick it to HD, then go into the dashboard; system settings, console settings, display, then HDTV settings.

bargainhunter18;4594739

Ohhh , so the cable i have is HD?How do i set it to HD though on the … Ohhh , so the cable i have is HD?How do i set it to HD though on the 360.. Also i dont know which way to flick the switch for hd

you don't have to do anything the picture on your monitor from the xbox is already in hd.

the switch on the vga cable doesn't do anything.

Original Poster Banned

It's not an official one no. It's a 3rd party one ..

bargainhunter18;4594828

It's not an official one no. It's a 3rd party one ..

then the switch def doesn't do anything.

You can mess about in the settings bit as someone else has already mentioned but when I used the vga cable I didn't have to alter anything. The 360 automatically set it to the best settings.

Original Poster Banned

oh brilliant , thanks for all the help

make sure the display settings in the settings tab on the 360 is set to:

1280 x 1024 (this is not a widescreen resolution so i gather your screen isnt a widescreen one)
    Standard
    Expanded

Original Poster Banned

DudeyGeeza;4594911

make sure the display settings in the settings tab on the 360 is set … make sure the display settings in the settings tab on the 360 is set to:1280 x 1024 (this is not a widescreen resolution so i gather your screen isnt a widescreen one)StandardExpanded

Cheers for that.

what about if its wide screen

brawlzzz;4595369

what about if its wide screen

then you select the widescreen option in the dashboard...

lol ok tanks

lol PC gaming and monitors have been HD since before this stupid buzz word for a long time, its only because these resolutions are reaching TV sets that its all about the great HD hype fiasco
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions