How do I make it so that my Amazon orders arent delivered to a neighbour when I'm abscent?

Found 9th Jul
I feel kinda bad for my neighbour becuase I order a lot of stuff so I wanna make so the courier's just come the next day
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
You can't. Do you have Amazon lockers near you?
You can have Amazon put on your file not to deliver to anybody but you. But they won't redeliver and just return it to Amazon.

Can you not just buy your neighbours a nice bottle of wine or flowers as a thank you? This is what my brother does to the retired couple across the road who take all his Amazon deliveries.
My neighbour has leave in wheelie bin instruction on his parcels but they still get delivered to me. I don't mind.
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

My neighbour has leave in wheelie bin instruction on his parcels but they …My neighbour has leave in wheelie bin instruction on his parcels but they still get delivered to me. I don't mind.

Not all orders can be left in the ‘secure location
GAVINLEWISHUKD15 m ago

You can't. Do you have Amazon lockers near you? You can have Amazon put on …You can't. Do you have Amazon lockers near you? You can have Amazon put on your file not to deliver to anybody but you. But they won't redeliver and just return it to Amazon.Can you not just buy your neighbours a nice bottle of wine or flowers as a thank you? This is what my brother does to the retired couple across the road who take all his Amazon deliveries.

Not any too near me, there's a post office depot where I can collect but it closes at 14:00 so not that convenient. I dunno I don't know then that well haha
psychobitchfromhell11 m ago

My neighbour has leave in wheelie bin instruction on his parcels but they …My neighbour has leave in wheelie bin instruction on his parcels but they still get delivered to me. I don't mind.

How can they guarantee it won't get stolen?
Kye41215 m ago

They can't, but have seen the people that deliver? They don't give a damn. . .
Dannyrobbo9th Jul

Not all orders can be left in the ‘secure location

They've left toilet rolls with me before
Kye41235 m ago

How can they guarantee i won't steal it?
psychobitchfromhell47 m ago

How can they guarantee i won't steal it?

What do you want with a fleshlight!
GAVINLEWISHUKD11 m ago

What do you want with a fleshlight!

to blackmail him. He lives there with his wife and two young children and his brother and sister in law live across the road
psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

to blackmail him. He lives there with his wife and two young children and …to blackmail him. He lives there with his wife and two young children and his brother and sister in law live across the road

On the "delivery options " on every order there are options . eg :-

Security code for entry
Leave with neighbour
Safe place ie Porch , Garage etc

You can save that choice for all orders

I have noticed (my choice for safe place is "garage") that they photo it in the garage , don't know whether that's just here or whether its nationwide .
My neighbour accepts all my packages when i'm out even though i leave instructions not to but she never opens the door for me to get them. Currently in dispute with a couple of companies as not received what i paid for.
samosa3 h, 28 m ago

My neighbour accepts all my packages when i'm out even though i leave …My neighbour accepts all my packages when i'm out even though i leave instructions not to but she never opens the door for me to get them. Currently in dispute with a couple of companies as not received what i paid for.

Are you sure she is in? Just file a police report for mail theft, tell the sender and give them a police report, that should sort it out
Leave a note on your door or order on the day before the day when you know you will be in or tell your neighbour to reject the deliveries
chocci1 h, 2 m ago

Leave a note on your door or order on the day before the day when you know …Leave a note on your door or order on the day before the day when you know you will be in or tell your neighbour to reject the deliveries

Leaving a note is a bad idea, it basically invites a burglar into your home as they know nobody is there. Best thing is to collect from Amazon Locker/Doddle/Pass My Parcel/Post Office but if you don't have anything near (check to make sure, Doddle is in random places like Morrison's and Debenhams), then nominated day delivery is the next best choice
Get to know your neighbour and thank them. Give them a M&S gift card as a thank you and ask if it causes them any inconvenience? If not and they are happy to continue getting your parcels, slip them the odd box of chocs or gift card or flowers.
chocci1 h, 14 m ago

Leave a note on your door or order on the day before the day when you know …Leave a note on your door or order on the day before the day when you know you will be in or tell your neighbour to reject the deliveries

I've got a permanent notice next to my door saying if no one's in leave with neighbour at X door number as i don't trust my adjacent neighbours and they rarely open the door when you knock.
jamie01523 m ago

Leaving a note is a bad idea, it basically invites a burglar into your …Leaving a note is a bad idea, it basically invites a burglar into your home as they know nobody is there. Best thing is to collect from Amazon Locker/Doddle/Pass My Parcel/Post Office but if you don't have anything near (check to make sure, Doddle is in random places like Morrison's and Debenhams), then nominated day delivery is the next best choice

Not if its a permanent note. No difference to a burglar ringing your door bell to see if anyone is in.
chocci16 m ago

Not if its a permanent note. No difference to a burglar ringing your door …Not if its a permanent note. No difference to a burglar ringing your door bell to see if anyone is in.

Yes true, I was thinking of a temporary one you stick on your door when you are out.
Norseg6 h, 52 m ago

Are you sure she is in? Just file a police report for mail theft, tell the …Are you sure she is in? Just file a police report for mail theft, tell the sender and give them a police report, that should sort it out

Yes, her car is outside windows open and telly going on full blast. One company i purchased from say it's now a Civil matter.
Take the batteries out of your neighbours doorbells
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants