Groups

How do I make my Samsung TV smart?

Hi all

I have a Samsung TV and to hook it onto network it's saying I need a Samsung LANE adapter. Can I use any network usb adapter or does it have to be Samsung specific one?

Reason I want to connect it is to use S beam to watch videos from phone on my TV.

thanks

13 Comments

bbfb123

Hi allI have a Samsung TV and to hook it onto network it's saying I … Hi allI have a Samsung TV and to hook it onto network it's saying I need a Samsung LANE adapter. Can I use any network usb adapter or does it have to be Samsung specific one?Reason I want to connect it is to use S beam to watch videos from phone on my TV.thanks

You will not be able to use just any usb stick it will have to be the Samsung one which i believe costs around 25£. But you could connect wireless?

Original Poster

how do I connect wireless? the Samsung adapter is usb but it makes the TV wireless

Ok. So your tv doesn't have built in wifi. So you can't S beam videos etc.

You can buy third party USB wifi sticks for cheaper but I'd suggest sticking to the recommended one to as to avoid any potential problems.

Also, once your tv is wifi you need to be sure your secondary device is compatible with your tv for s beam purposes....

Good luck

bbfb123

how do I connect wireless? the Samsung adapter is usb but it makes the TV … how do I connect wireless? the Samsung adapter is usb but it makes the TV wireless

oh, sorry my mistake. Yes you will need the adaptor to connect to your router but it has to be the Samsung one. Do you have a network plug socket in the TV? if you do then you can just connect it via network cable.

samsung.com/uk/…nx/

This might be the one you need, but you need to look at comp ability.

Press Menu, scroll down to Network.

It should state there if you can connect via wireless etc.

Original Poster

I've got a Samsung s7. I'm hoping that if I buy the Samsung lan adapter it will allow me to use S beam to watch stuff on my TV.

Is this not the case?

Sadly it's not that straight forward.

It depends on if your tv will accept it. As in had the programming built in to accept it.

As said above. .... if your tv has a ethernet socket (Internet cable) then you can simply plug one in to tv and to your wifi router....

This will make your tv onto the wifi network....

Try that and see if you can s beam.

Alternatively before you buy an adapter Google Samsung tech helpline and give them your model tv and ask how to s beam from a S7.....

Good luck

you could send it to night school, or tune it to the open university channel before you go to bed at night

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies guys. I recently inherited a powerline adapter so I'll check and see if it's got an Ethernet port. Failing that I'll speak to Samsung to see if it's compatible. I'm sure I saw on the menu network section it said you need an adapter or similar. Can't remember if it said Ethernet too mind.

bbfb123

I've got a Samsung s7. I'm hoping that if I buy the Samsung lan adapter … I've got a Samsung s7. I'm hoping that if I buy the Samsung lan adapter it will allow me to use S beam to watch stuff on my TV.Is this not the case?

Get a chrome cast

start teaching it smart things.

What's the model of the TV? (Surprised nobody asked yet)
    Edited by: "bynouk" 20th Feb

bbfb123

Hi allI have a Samsung TV and to hook it onto network it's saying I … Hi allI have a Samsung TV and to hook it onto network it's saying I need a Samsung LANE adapter. Can I use any network usb adapter or does it have to be Samsung specific one?Reason I want to connect it is to use S beam to watch videos from phone on my TV.thanks

My misus has an S7 i can check and let you know. But it would help knowing your model of tv? My one has built in tv it was a Samsung 3D Smart TV purchased in 2014 if i remember right

If it has an Ethernet port, then a pair of homeplugs or a "Wi-Fi extender" with the option of client mode (Wi-Fi to LAN) will probably be cheaper than their dedicated USB adapter - you might find another compatible one randomly, but it would be a case of luck .

Could risk a Hong Kong copy from ebay, perhaps... under a tenner
    Edited by: "matth9999" 20th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010
      2. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2424
      3. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires44
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine43

See more discussions