How do I maximise the Help to Buy ISA and Lifetime ISA?

2 replies
Found 2nd Mar
Ive been paying into the Help to Buy ISA and have £3,400 up to now and still going.

When should I start the Lifetime ISA assuming I want to buy a house after a year or two from now?

(I know you need at least a year before bonus can be used)

How do I maximise the Help to Buy before transferring it into the Lifetime ISA?

It's confusing after reading so many articles on what to do including the Moneysavingexpert advice.

Is the best scenario to make last payment into the Help to Buy in April (before the 6th), stop payments, open and deposit £4,000 into Lifetime and then transfer Help to buy into Lifetime?

TIA.

2 Comments

Firstly, be sure you definitely don't want to spend that money on anything other than your first house.
Secondly, I would recommend talking to a financial advisor. But in my opinion what you're saying seams to be the most sensible way to do it. Bearing a mind a LISA allows you to use the money earlier (at exchange rather than completion) than a help to buy ISA.

Original Poster

njpugh90

Firstly, be sure you definitely don't want to spend that money on … Firstly, be sure you definitely don't want to spend that money on anything other than your first house. Secondly, I would recommend talking to a financial advisor. But in my opinion what you're saying seams to be the most sensible way to do it. Bearing a mind a LISA allows you to use the money earlier (at exchange rather than completion) than a help to buy ISA.

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769555
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849
    4. Add one, leave one game54415461

See more discussions