Expired

How do i measure the Inner Diameter of this?

Found 13th Jul 2013
I need to buy one of these for my strimmer:

ebay.co.uk/itm…09f

But i some how need to measure the Inner Diameter of the broken one i have taken off so i can order the correct size. Anyone know how i can do this?

My strimmer is a Ryobi RLT30CET and i need to replace the fuel lines. I can't find anything about the size online or in the manual.

Anyone help please?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Everyones home tool kit should should have one of these

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RMhBj0ZcL._SX450_.jpg

A set of Vernier Calipers and the ability to know how to use them. Cheap sets can be had for a few quid and work just as well as £20 ones just require a bit more effort to use right.

amazon.co.uk/Too…url

Failing that the best bet is to remove the fuel lines and carefully try to measure with a good tape measure/ruler.

I believe this is the part you are after but I'd suggest you contact the seller to confirm

ebay.co.uk/itm…130
Astec123

Everyones home tool kit should should have one of theseA set of Vernier … Everyones home tool kit should should have one of theseA set of Vernier Calipers and the ability to know how to use them. Cheap sets can be had for a few quid and work just as well as £20 ones just require a bit more effort to use right. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toolzone-2Pc-Plastic-Vernier/dp/B002MD60VQ/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_urlFailing that the best bet is to remove the fuel lines and carefully try to measure with a good tape measure/ruler.I believe this is the part you are after but I'd suggest you contact the seller to confirmhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUEL-PETROL-FILTER-AND-PIPE-LINE-ASSEMBLY-FITS-LATER-RYOBI-/360693842224?pt=UK_Strimmer_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fb074130

Thanks for the help mate but i already have some of those measuring tools but it wont fit in the tiny whole in the pipe. That part it similar to what i need but i only need the lines.

Cheers anyway.
Edited by: "DirectDeal" 13th Jul 2013
Those tiny jaws on the back of the vernier won't fit in ?
Can also use a drill set by trying the blunt end of the drills in it to gauge its size ;-)
Aren't they sold by external diameter
Measuring tape across the broken end?
dimebars

Aren't they sold by external diameter

yep
Terrabytes

Don't be silly. The internal diameter has to be the correct size to fit … Don't be silly. The internal diameter has to be the correct size to fit over the component end.

a 2mm tube will be 2mm on the outside diameter

e.g. 15mm plumbing pipe even has 15mm x 1.5mm written on it meaning 15mm (outer) / 13.5mm (inner)
Terrabytes

Lol at csiman viciously marking down my answers.

LOL - I use the old skin where you dont even see the vote buttons
Edited by: "csiman" 13th Jul 2013
tube outside diameter minus the wall thickness X2 equals inside diameter?
Terrabytes

There's no point in even trying to explain...

yep - I didnt think you'd get it so lets end it right now
To expand on craigwhitlow's post

1) Measure Outer Diameter - using vernier (which I think you said you already have)
2) Cut a bit of old tube down its length. You should now be able to measure the Wall Thickness of the tube.
3) Easy calc: Inner Diameter = Outer Diameter - 2 x Wall Thickness
Thanks for all the answers but in the end i managed to ask a repair shop which size i needed.
Edited by: "DirectDeal" 13th Jul 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants