Groups

how do i pay by bank transfer?

hi guys i know this is a silly question but how do i pay by bank transfer and how do i receive a bank transfer what details do i have to give the other person
    thanks in advance
    joanne

9 Comments

I am not 100% on this but I think you need the sort code and a few other details

If you use online banking it should let you do it easily enough if you have the other persons sort code and account number. To receive you just need to give the same details to the other person

Original Poster

jase.2;4732297

If you use online banking it should let you do it easily enough if you … If you use online banking it should let you do it easily enough if you have the other persons sort code and account number. To receive you just need to give the same details to the other person

Hi their thanks for that,
    just didnt want to give out the wrong details,also ow long does it usually take to clear in someones bank or does this vary
    Thankyou

Your usually looking at 3 working days providing you do it before 4pm. My online banking has a section to set up a one off payment and its done via that or indeed a regular payment section

Original Poster

jase.2;4732333

Your usually looking at 3 working days providing you do it before 4pm. My … Your usually looking at 3 working days providing you do it before 4pm. My online banking has a section to set up a one off payment and its done via that or indeed a regular payment section

Thanks for that,
    One more question sorry,
    If someone pays and it doesnt clear can they still cancel it before it clears
    Thankyou
    Regards joanne

6889joannew;4732318

Hi their thanks for that, just didnt want to give out the wrong … Hi their thanks for that, just didnt want to give out the wrong details,also ow long does it usually take to clear in someones bank or does this varyThankyou

It varies, most banks now accept " Faster Payments ", so it could be almost instant, or it could take around 3 working days.

You just need to give your name, your sort code and your account number.

6889joannew;4732350

Thanks for that,One more question sorry,If someone pays and it doesnt … Thanks for that,One more question sorry,If someone pays and it doesnt clear can they still cancel it before it clearsThankyouRegards joanne

If they are doing it online it shouldnt let them start the process if the account they are transferring from hasnt got enough funds in it.

Ive never tried to cancel a payment ive sent, so not sure if thats possible, however when ive done them in the past the money disappears out of my online balance as soon as i confirm the transaction

Original Poster

jase.2;4732366

If they are doing it online it shouldnt let them start the process if the … If they are doing it online it shouldnt let them start the process if the account they are transferring from hasnt got enough funds in it.Ive never tried to cancel a payment ive sent, so not sure if thats possible, however when ive done them in the past the money disappears out of my online balance as soon as i confirm the transaction

Thanks so much for all your answers very much appreciated you have put my mind at rest lol
    thanks so much
    Regards
    joanne

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4732369

Yes I was going to say this and faster payments can't bounce they are … Yes I was going to say this and faster payments can't bounce they are sent immediately and clear within 2 odd hours at the other bank.

Thanks for that tinkerbell much apreciated
    was just a bit worried about it all lol
    thanks once again
    Joanne
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie11
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value913
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767196
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers11

See more discussions