Groups

How do i put a mp3 on my iphone and set as ring tone?

Hi im confused as to how i set a mp3 at my ringtone on my iphone 3g,any ideas?thanks

11 Comments

you have to "make a ringtone" which costs 99p i as far as i can remember , and you can only use mp3s youve bought of itunes

heres a bit about it from the usa itunes website

"
    Ringtones

Create unique ringtones from more than half a million songs on the iTunes Store. Buy a song for 69¢, 99¢, or $1.29, then turn it into a custom ringtone you can buy for 99¢. The ringtone is entirely your creation, and the song is yours to keep forever. To know which songs can be made into ringtones, look for the bell symbol. Select the track and then choose Create Ringtone from the Store menu."

Banned

you can make ringtones for free, just google it, isnt hard mate

Go to audiko.net and download them from there - then drag and drop in to the ringtones folder in your itunes.

SLIM_JIM;5799687

Go to audiko.net and download them from there - then drag and drop in to … Go to audiko.net and download them from there - then drag and drop in to the ringtones folder in your itunes.

wow i had no idea you could do tht for free :oops: making a new tone the now

have some rep on me

AJD851;5799937

wow i had no idea you could do tht for free :oops: making a new tone the … wow i had no idea you could do tht for free :oops: making a new tone the nowhave some rep on me

Mate i found out yesterday !
    piece of **** :thumbsup:

Right click your song you want to have as your ringtone on itunes then click get info.
    then go on options and change the FINISH TIME to 0:29 and then click OK then right
    click it again and click CREATE ACC VERSION then it will show up underneath the song
    you originally clicked, now right click the CONVERTED song which will be 29 seconds long and then click on show in WINDOWS EXPLORER then it will show up and where its says "m4a" on the end of the song name in windows explorer window, change the "a" to an "r" then drag and drop it into you ringtones section on itunes and SYNC your iphone and you'll be good to go :thumbsup:

You posted this thread only 2 weeks ago

hotukdeals.com/ite…gt/

What is wrong with that one ??

Banned

oh my god this thread is still going?? try google before you start making pointless threads here not hard is it

Original Poster

ScRiVs;5800379

Mate i found out yesterday !piece of **** :thumbsup:Right click your song … Mate i found out yesterday !piece of **** :thumbsup:Right click your song you want to have as your ringtone on itunes then click get info.then go on options and change the FINISH TIME to 0:29 and then click OK then rightclick it again and click CREATE ACC VERSION then it will show up underneath the song you originally clicked, now right click the CONVERTED song which will be 29 seconds long and then click on show in WINDOWS EXPLORER then it will show up and where its says "m4a" on the end of the song name in windows explorer window, change the "a" to an "r" then drag and drop it into you ringtones section on itunes and SYNC your iphone and you'll be good to go :thumbsup:

i couldnt see the option to create acc version

Original Poster

found the option but its greyed out,seems alot of people are having the same problem,nay options are greyed out

use iringer, it's free and works a treat

iringer.net/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions