Groups

How do i put movies and stuff onto my PS3?

Got a 60gb ps3 and dont know how to put movies and stuff on.

Can anyone help please.

6 Comments

Put the movies and stuff onto a USB memory stick. Plug the USB memory stick into the PS3. Navigate to the relevant movies and stuff and press the triangle button, select copy from the menu and volia.

Original Poster

Heavertron;2853467

Put the movies and stuff onto a USB memory stick. Plug the USB memory … Put the movies and stuff onto a USB memory stick. Plug the USB memory stick into the PS3. Navigate to the relevant movies and stuff and press the triangle button, select copy from the menu and volia.

oh right, i was thinking i needed some wireless device to transmit data.

thanks

You're welcome.

I don't know an easy way to copy files across the network. I use a media server so that all my files are held on my PC, the PS3 can connect to the PC and I can browse around. When I play a file on the PS3 it is sent via wireless to the PS3, but it's not copied onto it in the traditional sense.

The easiest way to play files on the PS3 is to copy them from a USB memory stick though.

Banned

Heavertron;2853467

Put the movies and stuff onto a USB memory stick. Plug the USB memory … Put the movies and stuff onto a USB memory stick. Plug the USB memory stick into the PS3. Navigate to the relevant movies and stuff and press the triangle button, select copy from the menu and volia.

Heavertron;2853588

You're welcome. I don't know an easy way to copy files across the … You're welcome. I don't know an easy way to copy files across the network. I use a media server so that all my files are held on my PC, the PS3 can connect to the PC and I can browse around. When I play a file on the PS3 it is sent via wireless to the PS3, but it's not copied onto it in the traditional sense.The easiest way to play files on the PS3 is to copy them from a USB memory stick though.

The PS3 can also copy streamed media over the network - it's literally as simple as going into the menu and selecting Copy :thumbsup:.

(I do it all the time with 720p media streamed with WMP11 [~5GB files])

Original Poster

beelzebub;2853866

The PS3 can also copy streamed media over the network - it's literally as … The PS3 can also copy streamed media over the network - it's literally as simple as going into the menu and selecting Copy :thumbsup:.(I do it all the time with 720p media streamed with WMP11 [~5GB files])

waht kind of network? Would a wireless router card in my pc do the job?

Banned

h_360;2854045

waht kind of network? Would a wireless router card in my pc do the job?

Last I checked the PS3 doesn't support Ad-Hoc wireless networking (as would be the case with a wireless card in your computer) so it probably wouldn't work. Wired or wireless network it doesn't matter but with the latter you'd expect it to take considerably longer to copy large files.

So to reiterate, you need a wireless [router] (Netgear, Linksys, etcetera & your computer must be able to connect to said wireless router) in order to network the PS3 unless they've incorporated Ad-Hoc networking in the recent firmware updates.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions