How do i re-format my Sky HD box to sell?

Hi,

im trying to re-format my Sky HD box to sell, and have obviously googled it and tried the normal way of turning it on while holding down the left and right buttons before pressing select. This didnt work, and the spinning/flashing light didnt come on.

Is there another way to do this? or does the box need to be active on sky for this to work? or could it be sold with excisting recordings still on it? as now that box isnt active on sky, its not allowing me to access my recorfings to delete manually.

Cheers in advance

10 Comments

Is there a reset button

1 press services
2 press right arrow to highlight settings
3 go down to highlight picture then press 0 , 1 then select

This is the hidden installers menu and you can reset the box from there

Big ass magnet.

Original Poster

wolf359

1 press services2 press right arrow to highlight settings3 go down to … 1 press services2 press right arrow to highlight settings3 go down to highlight picture then press 0 , 1 then selectThis is the hidden installers menu and you can reset the box from there

​will give it a go-cheers.

Why do you need to format it, the recordings are linked to your card I believe and not viewable.

Original Poster

666bandit666

Why do you need to format it, the recordings are linked to your card I … Why do you need to format it, the recordings are linked to your card I believe and not viewable.

​whilst not viewable, wouldnt the new owner of the box prefer them not to be on there?? Or wont they be on there at all if linked to viewing card?? And/or wont they be taking up some recordable space?? Not really sure what would be on there, as when i connect box up to tv, i cant access anything, as the old card is now disconnected, and the new one is linked to my new sky q box.

Original Poster

wolf359

1 press services2 press right arrow to highlight settings3 go down to … 1 press services2 press right arrow to highlight settings3 go down to highlight picture then press 0 , 1 then selectThis is the hidden installers menu and you can reset the box from there

​doesn't work.

Rich069

​doesn't work.

Press the services button then enter 001 then press select. That should take you to the hidden menu

Didn't bother when I sold mine, the recordings won't work for someone else anyway

Rich069

​doesn't work.

Do 001 instead, they changed the sequence on some boxes
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Question about cancelling / moving from Sky Broadband to BT Broadband48
    2. Wifi extender78
    3. Missing the best deals with the new HUKD layout11
    4. Problem with new double glazed installation33

See more discussions