Groups

How do I reboot my dekstop to factory settings?

I'm a bit clueless about computers, how can I reboot a desktop i have to factory settings, its running very slowly with loads of useless programs and probably viruses.

Cheers!

13 Comments

if you have the cd's that came with it you may have the recovery option on them or you may have a recovery partition on your hard disk. It should be documented, check Google if any doubts with the model number etc

Original Poster

mosskeeto;6739104

if you have the cd's that came with it you may have the recovery option … if you have the cd's that came with it you may have the recovery option on them or you may have a recovery partition on your hard disk. It should be documented, check Google if any doubts with the model number etc

lost me at partion:p

Back stuff up, buy Windows 7, format hard drive and start again

cribert;6739109

lost me at partion:p

Its like a hidden drive that you can access by pressing a key at boot up, usually F12 or similar

Original Poster

sancho1983;6739118

Back stuff up, buy Windows 7, format hard drive and start again

its a windows 95 computer:oops:

Seriously?

Throw it in the bin then!!

Original Poster

sancho1983;6739135

Seriously?Throw it in the bin then!!

:pits my dad hes pathetic like tht i would throw it out but he wants to somehow sell it on:thinking:

if you still have the disks just reformat everything, just be sure to save your stuff you want to keep onto a usb or cd, as once you reformat you lose all pics/documents etc etc, once reformated it will be just like the first day you had it, so should speed up things a little for you

Original Poster

n1ttygr1tty;6739158

if you still have the disks just reformat everything, just be sure to … if you still have the disks just reformat everything, just be sure to save your stuff you want to keep onto a usb or cd, as once you reformat you lose all pics/documents etc etc, once reformated it will be just like the first day you had it, so should speed up things a little for you

yep everything important is off it just cant find the discs though

Still got the 20 floppies that it came on?..........

Throw it in the bin, give him a tenner, problem solved

What make and model number is the PC ?

fo' real! no way is anyone running windows 95 still.....
    but, honestly. Back up important data on a USB drive. Buy windows 7, and do the clean install option

Why would someone spend what £50 ? on something old that he wants to sell on? If the PC is running 95 then i doubt hes even gonna get £50 for the tower so not a cost effective option.

And yep it is most probs a good idea to bin the pc coz of its age... but if you really really want to go with what hes asking then you either need a recovery partition, which i doubt it had with 95, or to find the original disks it came on, or even find a torrent or similar (if you have the genuine certificate obviously).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846177
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764229
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…45
      4. What do these 2 men have in common1321

See more discussions