How do I sell part worn tyres?

Found 5th Sep 2015
We had two new tyres fitted in May 2015 (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 205/55/16V). We are now replacing all four tyres. Any suggestions as to how I go about selling the hardly used but clearly part worn tyres? Do I approach those part worn tyre places in town, or am I better off trying eBay, Preloved, Gumtree, etc? I personally would never buy part worn tyres, but I know that some people do.

Many thanks.
Community Updates
AskTyres
13 Comments
I sold mine to a garage! I'd ring around and ask if anyone will buy them
Have you contacted Pirelli?
I ended up with one from a similar situation. It sat in the garage for a while then I used it to pay for a puncture repair at the local part worn place.
have a little think of what you just said

"I personally would never buy part worn tyres, but I know that some people do"

when people buy a used car, they are almost always buying part worn tyres. if anything, buying part worn tyres which have been removed is safer than buying a used car- as you can fully inspect each tyre before putting them on
peanuted

have a little think of what you just said "I personally would never buy … have a little think of what you just said "I personally would never buy part worn tyres, but I know that some people do"when people buy a used car, they are almost always buying part worn tyres. if anything, buying part worn tyres which have been removed is safer than buying a used car- as you can fully inspect each tyre before putting them on

The case is with used cars you assume they are part worn on the car you are buying, reason peel have issues is when you buy part worn from a garage you don't know if they have been in a major accident which could have had an impact on the itegrity of the tyre itself.
eslick

The case is with used cars you assume they are part worn on the car you … The case is with used cars you assume they are part worn on the car you are buying, reason peel have issues is when you buy part worn from a garage you don't know if they have been in a major accident which could have had an impact on the itegrity of the tyre itself.

a tyre isn't a complex bit of kit. it's not like a brain or electronic circuit. It's damaged or it isn't. so if the car was involved in an accident then by means of visual inspection it can be re used.
Edited by: "peanuted" 5th Sep 2015
ebay collection only
peanuted

a tyre isn't a complex bit of kit. it's not like a brain or electronic … a tyre isn't a complex bit of kit. it's not like a brain or electronic circuit. It's damaged or it isn't. so if the car was involved in an accident then by means of visual inspection it can be re used.

Sorry but you don't seem to know what you are talking about, tyres are complex they aren't just a lump of rubber, if the internal of it are damaged you wouldn't know.

http://www.bhs.org.uk/~/media/BHS/Files/PDF%20Documents/Safety%20leaflets/part%20worn%20tyre%20leaflet%20web1%20Copy.ashx
ebay and hermes direct postage if u want it gone soon or as above ebay and collect but may take longer. Put it up with a buy it now and best offer.
kash2013

ebay and hermes direct postage if u want it gone soon or as above ebay … ebay and hermes direct postage if u want it gone soon or as above ebay and collect but may take longer. Put it up with a buy it now and best offer.

Oh and i buy part worns its never bothered me ever and never had any issues except my own punctures.
isnt the bigger question why you are replacing 4 tyres, if you only replaced 2 of them 4 months ago ?
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 5th Sep 2015
mrwhitelabel

isnt the bigger question why you are replacing 4 tyres, if you only … isnt the bigger question why you are replacing 4 tyres, if you only replaced 2 of them 4 months ago ?

I did not add this info as not relevant to my question. I will be changing to Michelin Cross Climate tyres so will not need the Goodyears anymore.
Thank you everyone for your comments. I will try local garages/tyre dealers first, then online.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants