How do I set up a standing order from Santander to Nationwide reg saver with roll/ref number?

12 replies
Found 20th Apr
Nationwide have given me a generic sort code and account number and roll/ref number for my regular saver and I can't seem to find the option to put roll/ref number when setting up a standing order on Santander.

1. Ask
  2. Santander
12 Comments

Use the generic sort code and a/c number, then put the roll number as the reference.

Sort code: Enter the 6-digit sort code.
Account number: Enter the 8-digit account number.
Reference: Enter roll number

Original Poster

soled73

Use the generic sort code and a/c number, then put the roll number as the … Use the generic sort code and a/c number, then put the roll number as the reference.Sort code: Enter the 6-digit sort code.Account number: Enter the 8-digit account number.Reference: Enter roll number

Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be an option to put this in, only sort code and account number.
Edited by: "whoMODStheMODS" 20th Apr

Original Poster

soled73

http://www.santander.co.uk/info/videohub/helping-you-understand-online-banking/santander-online-banking-set-up-amend-and-cancel-standing-orders/3qmc51s

Thanks, but this video doesn't explain it.

You're obsessed with banking OP. All your posts seem to be about banks. You don't need the roll number as long as the sort code and account number belongs to the person you're sending it to. Roll Numbers are just internal things to identity accounts that building societies use.

mtuk1

You're obsessed with banking OP. All your posts seem to be about banks. … You're obsessed with banking OP. All your posts seem to be about banks. You don't need the roll number as long as the sort code and account number belongs to the person you're sending it to. Roll Numbers are just internal things to identity accounts that building societies use.

You do if it is generic saving account details. All payments go to the same sort code and account number and are allocated from there by the roll number.

psychobitchfromhell

You do if it is generic saving account details. All payments go to the … You do if it is generic saving account details. All payments go to the same sort code and account number and are allocated from there by the roll number.

Hence why I said of you are sure the account number and sort code belongs to the individual concerned it will go through without. Very few accounts that have roll numbers don't have a sort code and account number these days. What you said may have been true in the past, but not so much now.

whoMODStheMODS

Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be an option to put this in, only sort … Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be an option to put this in, only sort code and account number.

​You need to put the roll number in the field marked "payment reference" on your standing order set up form. It's the field below "their account number" and above the field "usual payment amount".

Original Poster

mtuk1

You're obsessed with banking OP. All your posts seem to be about banks. … You're obsessed with banking OP. All your posts seem to be about banks. You don't need the roll number as long as the sort code and account number belongs to the person you're sending it to. Roll Numbers are just internal things to identity accounts that building societies use.

Why does it bother you? This is Ask and I need help with my finance. You didn't need to read this or even waste your time giving a reply. Nationwide informed that the generic sort code and account number only means the payment goes to a Nationwide account but the roll/ref number will mean my specific (regular saver) account.

Original Poster

RedLozzer

You need to put the roll number in the field marked "payment reference" … You need to put the roll number in the field marked "payment reference" on your standing order set up form. It's the field below "their account number" and above the field "usual payment amount".

Thanks! Do I have to enter it as xxxx/xxxxxxxxx? Or without the slash. TIA.

whoMODStheMODS

Thanks! Do I have to enter it as xxxx/xxxxxxxxx? Or without the slash. … Thanks! Do I have to enter it as xxxx/xxxxxxxxx? Or without the slash. TIA.

​Enter it exactly, if there's a slash include that.

Original Poster

RedLozzer

Enter it exactly, if there's a slash include that.

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50400
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions