How do I shut down Virgin Media services completely before 30 days notice is up.

Posted 26th Sep
I’ve cancelled my VM account as of 24th September and someone else has signed up as a new customer on the 25th but VM won’t install it for the new customer until my 30 days notice is up, 24th October. I’ve phoned VM and asked them to shut it down early but they said they can’t and the 30 days notice has to be in place even though I won’t be living there. I only had VM broadband and the new customer is getting everything installed, Ultimate Oomph package. I told them I don’t want someone illegally downloading in my name but that didn’t work(:I Has anyone successfully had it shut down before the 30 days and can I escalate this to another department or is it now just a waiting game for a month? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I’m sure you can pay the 30 days or remainder of it upfront well you can with most companies but dunno if somehow the 30days is needed for them to do something in their side
Take the box with you...
Just take the router with you and cut the cable
Take the equipment with you. Modem/Routers have to be enabled by virgin to work so they wouldn’t have access. They wouldn’t be able to get theirs connected as it’s not their account and wouldn’t be able to pass security checks.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Sep
cmdr_elito26/09/2019 18:55

Take the equipment with you. Modem/Routers have to be enabled by virgin to …Take the equipment with you. Modem/Routers have to be enabled by virgin to work so they wouldn’t have access. They wouldn’t be able to get theirs connected as it’s not their account and wouldn’t be able to pass security checks.

If only I had read this comment 2 years ago I would have still had free Virgin TV
chocci26/09/2019 18:34

Just take the router with you and cut the cable

I mean so the new tenants can get they’re VM turned on. Virgin said they won’t install theirs until my 30 days notice has ended
jayonline8526/09/2019 20:29

I mean so the new tenants can get they’re VM turned on. Virgin said they w …I mean so the new tenants can get they’re VM turned on. Virgin said they won’t install theirs until my 30 days notice has ended

Just do what cocci said your sorted do the new tenants will just have to wait tough for them happy days for you(y)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants