Groups

How do I stop my cat bringing me gifts. ???

My female cat keeps bringing me field mice and dropping them at my feet.
    Some I catch and can put outside safe others are dead.
    I love my cat and don't want to shoot it b4 someone suggests that ..lol
    I know they are gifts supposedly, but I don't bloody want any !!!

20 Comments

hi we have same problem with our cat we have tried bells even bought this coller his still wearing it now but it dont work so dont buy it unless you want to waste money
    petplanet.co.uk/pro…252
    my other cat is 6 now she seems to be slowing down she was aways bringing present home but so far this year we have had none

Original Poster

ttwcd;8768770

hi we have same problem with our cat we have tried bells even bought this … hi we have same problem with our cat we have tried bells even bought this coller his still wearing it now but it dont work so dont buy it unless you want to waste money http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=38&pf_id=1252my other cat is 6 now she seems to be slowing down she was aways bringing present home but so far this year we have had none

Yes my two cats both wear collars with bells so they don't catch the birds.
    It obviously don't work with mice. ...:x

Tanya;8768791

Yes my two cats both wear collars with bells so they don't catch the … Yes my two cats both wear collars with bells so they don't catch the birds.It obviously don't work with mice. ...:x

Can mice not hear ? Or is it the mice think it's an ice cream van ? Why do the mice not run when they see you cat ? You think they would.

get a big dog

32gm of No. 6 should do the job

Banned

Tanya;8768791

Yes my two cats both wear collars with bells so they don't catch the … Yes my two cats both wear collars with bells so they don't catch the birds.It obviously don't work with mice. ...:x

Have you heard about the three blind mice?

I think they should do a new song for the deaf ones too!

move next door to a chinese takeaway

boothy;8768865

move next door to a chinese takeaway

Genius :-D

Banned

dontasciime;8768811

Can mice not hear ? Or is it the mice think it's an ice cream van ? Why … Can mice not hear ? Or is it the mice think it's an ice cream van ? Why do the mice not run when they see you cat ? You think they would.

lmfao

shoot it

Banned

Same way you stop me - restraining order.

We have 3 cats who do the same it gets very annoying after a while and I have to wait for the OH to get home to remove the dead ones!

Banned

it is because the cat feels sorry for you
    you inability to hunt your own mice, so if you learn how to do it, the cat will know it taught you well

I've managed to persuade my tom cat not to leave the presents in the living room, they're left outside the back door now.

my mums cat brings rabbits and mice. she lives more rural. its grim the way she eats and catches the rabiit. yet very fascinating. its annoying as she kills the poor rabbit very slowly. teasing it thinking it can escape and then catching it again.

not nice to watch, but guess thats nature.

Should never turn away those gifts lol

magicbeans;8770890

my mums cat brings rabbits and mice. she lives more rural. its grim the … my mums cat brings rabbits and mice. she lives more rural. its grim the way she eats and catches the rabiit. yet very fascinating. its annoying as she kills the poor rabbit very slowly. teasing it thinking it can escape and then catching it again. not nice to watch, but guess thats nature.

thats not nice talking about your mum like that, maybe your cat should learn to kill them its self....

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]Toxoplasma[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"]Makes mice easy to catch!

The had about it in the papers last year and said cat owners can get it - then they go out and do stupid things and get killed![/COLOR][/SIZE]

:roll:

KAC;8775736

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]Toxoplasma[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"]Makes mice easy to catch!The had about it in the papers last year and said cat owners can get it - then they go out and do stupid things and get killed![/COLOR][/SIZE]:roll:

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]]http//ww…ion[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/files/imagecache/news/files/20070403_catrat.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162399
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426158
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1325

See more discussions