Expired

How do I stop Sony keep on taking £5 a month for PS Live?

7 replies
Found 23rd Jul 2014
Can't seem to find a link on how to stop Sony taking £5 recurring every month for PS Live (or what ever it's called) ... They end up automatically buying me PS credit to buy the £5 subscription. I don't want it. How do I turn it off?

7 Comments

if you have a ps3 go to account information and look for billing, if you delete your card details from that then it should stop them auto charging you

Original Poster

Oldmario

if you have a ps3 go to account information and look for billing, if you … if you have a ps3 go to account information and look for billing, if you delete your card details from that then it should stop them auto charging you

Thanks ... I just signed in and deleted my card from the website ... hopefully that will stop them charging me £5.

You need to turn off auto renew as well. On your account management section, go to services, then look for PlayStation Plus and there should be an option when you click on it called turn off auto renew or something, then turn that off.

Here's a link explaining it -

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5035/~/how-to-cancel-a-playstation%C2%AEplus-or-music-unlimited-subscription
Edited by: "Bure11" 23rd Jul 2014

Original Poster

Bure11

You need to turn off auto renew as well. On your account management … You need to turn off auto renew as well. On your account management section, go to services, then look for PlayStation Plus and there should be an option when you click on it called turn off auto renew or something, then turn that off.Here's a link explaining it -http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5035/~/how-to-cancel-a-playstation%C2%AEplus-or-music-unlimited-subscription

Oh yes thank you for this. Just turned off auto renewal ... very cheeky of Sony for hiding it in such a place!

All sorted now so shouldn't have this issue again. Thanks!

krazyasif786

Oh yes thank you for this. Just turned off auto renewal ... very cheeky … Oh yes thank you for this. Just turned off auto renewal ... very cheeky of Sony for hiding it in such a place!All sorted now so shouldn't have this issue again. Thanks!

No problem man, and yeah it is actually pretty cheeky of them to do so. A lot of people can easily miss it out.

Original Poster

Bure11

No problem man, and yeah it is actually pretty cheeky of them to do so. A … No problem man, and yeah it is actually pretty cheeky of them to do so. A lot of people can easily miss it out.

Yeah they took £15 from me so far ... could get a years worth for something closer! Proper scam. Anyway, a lesson learnt is a lesson earned (Source: Me) lol
Edited by: "krazyasif786" 24th Jul 2014

krazyasif786

Yeah they took £15 from me so far ... could get a years worth for … Yeah they took £15 from me so far ... could get a years worth for something closer! Proper scam. Anyway, a lesson learnt is a lesson earned (Source: Me) lol

Damn, you could have got 6 months worth for that. Ah well, at least it won't happen again.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2586
    2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711606
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35145
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1223

See more discussions