How do I stop Virgin Media sending me JUNK MAIL Via Royal Mail addressed to The Occupier?

Found 8th Aug 2011
How do I stop Virgin Media sending me JUNK MAIL Via Royal Mail addressed to The Occupier? They are unwilling to take my details over the phone. They insist I write to Virgin Media’s head office

I’m already with the mailing preference service

32 Comments

Get a 'no junk mail please' sticker for your mailbox - the postie won't put it through your letterbox.

Supermod

Visit one of those standalone Virgin Media stands and ask them to take you off of the mailing list. They can do it there and then by you just giving them your postcode and house number.

you can unsubscribe from their emails by reading their mail and then click on the given link which indicates to unsubscribe to virgin media.
Hope you will get rid of their mails.

Original Poster

milesy29

Get a 'no junk mail please' sticker for your mailbox - the postie won't … Get a 'no junk mail please' sticker for your mailbox - the postie won't put it through your letterbox.

If it’s addressed to The Occupier he has to deliver it

Keep a lion in the garden between the gate and the letterbox

Can't see the occasional junk mail from virgin being that annoying tbh.

Original Poster

joyf4536

Keep a lion in the garden between the gate and the letterbox

Sounds like a plan but I buy so much stuff on here it would never get delivered mind you I’d be richer

Original Poster

Shadow-360

Thanks for the insight

Put a note on your property saying that you do not want un-named letters/circulars put through your door.
Also have a word with your postman and/or your delivery office.

Supermod

Shadow-360

It can be. I get about 2/3 a week. However, it is because I have a friend who works for Virgin and he finds it hilarious to keep adding me to the mailing list. We will soon see how funny he finds it when a complaint goes in to Head Office.

magicjay1986

It can be. I get about 2/3 a week. However, it is because I have a friend … It can be. I get about 2/3 a week. However, it is because I have a friend who works for Virgin and he finds it hilarious to keep adding me to the mailing list. We will soon see how funny he finds it when a complaint goes in to Head Office.

lol ruthless

Geemac

Thanks for the insight

Pleasure's all mine X)

magicjay1986

It can be. I get about 2/3 a week. However, it is because I have a friend … It can be. I get about 2/3 a week. However, it is because I have a friend who works for Virgin and he finds it hilarious to keep adding me to the mailing list. We will soon see how funny he finds it when a complaint goes in to Head Office.

Ouch, ours is only around once a month.

And lol, take him down

Banned

proper advice - register with RM to stop receiving unsolicited mail

1. Royal Mail instructs postmen to ignore 'No Junk Mail' signs

2. Royal Mail's Door-to-Door Opt-Out is a free service that will stop unaddressed junk mail delivered by the postman. Signing up to the Door-to-Door Opt-Out is the single most effective measure you can take to reduce junk mail.

To register, you first need to ask Royal Mail to send you an 'Opt-Out Confirmation Form' by sending and e-mail with your name and full address to optout@royalmail.com, or via Junk Buster. Using Junk Buster, you can contact up to five other opt-out schemes at the same time.

If you request the opt-out form via e-mail or Junk Buster you will get the form sent to you via e-mail, which means you'll need to print the form yourself. If you rather get the opt-out form in the post you can write to:

Freepost RRBT-ZBXB-TTTS
Door-to-door opt-outs
Royal Mail
Kingsmead House
Oxpens Road
OXFORD
OX1 1RX

Post back in a unstamped envelope addressed to their CEO.

Should cost them abour £1 in charges each time.
Edited by: "rcwmeg" 8th Aug 2011

csiman

proper advice- register with RM to stop receiving unsolicited mail2. … proper advice- register with RM to stop receiving unsolicited mail2. Royal Mail's Door-to-Door Opt-Out is a free service that will stop unaddressed junk mail delivered by the postman. Signing up to the Door-to-Door Opt-Out is the single most effective measure you can take to reduce junk mail.

You do realise that a lot of the mail is "addressed", so this is not a solution.

The OP is already with the Mail preference service.

csiman

1. Royal Mail instructs postmen to ignore 'No Junk Mail' signs

Source?

Banned

thesaint

You do realise that a lot of the mail is "addressed", so this is not a … You do realise that a lot of the mail is "addressed", so this is not a solution.The OP is already with the Mail preference service.

Do pay attention!

How do I stop Virgin Media sending me JUNK MAIL Via Royal Mail addressed to The Occupier?

Who mentioned mailing preference service?

magicjay1986

wowwww someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Original Poster

csiman

proper advice - register with RM to stop receiving unsolicited mail1. … proper advice - register with RM to stop receiving unsolicited mail1. Royal Mail instructs postmen to ignore 'No Junk Mail' signs2. Royal Mail's Door-to-Door Opt-Out is a free service that will stop unaddressed junk mail delivered by the postman. Signing up to the Door-to-Door Opt-Out is the single most effective measure you can take to reduce junk mail.To register, you first need to ask Royal Mail to send you an 'Opt-Out Confirmation Form' by sending and e-mail with your name and full address to optout@royalmail.com, or via Junk Buster. Using Junk Buster, you can contact up to five other opt-out schemes at the same time.If you request the opt-out form via e-mail or Junk Buster you will get the form sent to you via e-mail, which means you'll need to print the form yourself. If you rather get the opt-out form in the post you can write to:Freepost RRBT-ZBXB-TTTSDoor-to-door opt-outsRoyal MailKingsmead HouseOxpens RoadOXFORDOX1 1RX

MANY thanks for your input

I have done ALL that and more, but it is all to no avail when “addressed to The Occupier” Royal mail have no choice but to deliver it.

Geemac

MANY thanks for your input :)I have done ALL that and more, but it is all … MANY thanks for your input :)I have done ALL that and more, but it is all to no avail when “addressed to The Occupier” Royal mail have no choice but to deliver it.

Geemac

MANY thanks for your input :)I have done ALL that and more, but it is all … MANY thanks for your input :)I have done ALL that and more, but it is all to no avail when “addressed to The Occupier” Royal mail have no choice but to deliver it.

This is correct. Virgin have paid for it to be delivered to the address and therefore only Virgin can stop it.

MPS will not work as it does not stop "To The Occupier" and because it is mail (not a flyer) the post man has to deliver it. I have tried writing to the registered office (and "forgot" to put a stamp on the letter) although I received a reply saying the junk mail would stop it is still being sent 9 months later.

The address is...

Virgin Media Business Ltd.
160 Great Portland Street
London
W1W 5QA

I am now going to try sending any junk mail (with a note requesting that they don't send me any more) to

Virgin Media Phone Recycling,
FREEPOST,
RSSE-BRCB-SYRC
Unit 12
Hamilton Way
Bermuda Park
NUNEATON
CV10 7RL

I'll use an old jiffy bag and fill it up with sand to add weight (and cost) and see if that has any effect.

Yes, I know it is a childish thing to do but it I will enjoy doing it!

Banned

thesaint

Put a note on your property saying that you do not want un-named … Put a note on your property saying that you do not want un-named letters/circulars put through your door.Also have a word with your postman and/or your delivery office.

**** me. Our postman can't distinguish our road between another road with a completely different looking unsimilar in any way and misdeliver mail constantly. If he can't read a street name, what chance has he got with a paragraph of text?

It should not be this difficult! I get a letter 2 - 3 times a week!

Mr Singh

Phone 0845 454 1111
That should do the trick.

Say I dont want to be put on hold, or give my email address , and tell them to just act on the postcode that you give.

Move house?

I've lived in my home for nearly two years and Virgin Media have sent junk to the previous owner from the beginning.

At first, I returned post marking it with 'no longer at this address. However, they kept coming every few weeks addressed to 'the occupier'.

Then I called them and asked them to remove my address from their mailing list, the young man was helpful and said that would be fine. A month or so later, another letter appeared. I called them again, all the while returning mail. The young girl said that she would get in touch with customer service.

Now, nearly two years on, I get unmarked post from them. I haven't any inclination to purchase their products at the moment, but if I did, they would be putting me off as they are really irritating.

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a definite way to stop this constant unwanted rubbish. What a waste of paper and energy.

Banned

100times

I've lived in my home for nearly two years and Virgin Media have sent … I've lived in my home for nearly two years and Virgin Media have sent junk to the previous owner from the beginning. At first, I returned post marking it with 'no longer at this address. However, they kept coming every few weeks addressed to 'the occupier'. Then I called them and asked them to remove my address from their mailing list, the young man was helpful and said that would be fine. A month or so later, another letter appeared. I called them again, all the while returning mail. The young girl said that she would get in touch with customer service.Now, nearly two years on, I get unmarked post from them. I haven't any inclination to purchase their products at the moment, but if I did, they would be putting me off as they are really irritating.It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a definite way to stop this constant unwanted rubbish. What a waste of paper and energy.

tried MPS?

Make paper mache sculptures of people out of your Virgin media junk mail that looks a little bit rude and are at least fifteen foot high and enter them in the Turner prize.

Shadow-360

I just leave junk mail behind the door and throw it in the bin the next time I go out.
No big deal really.

I joined mailing preference, put LARGE "no junk mail or leaflets" signs on my door- one of these is directly ON the letterbox flap!!!!!! I am completely ignored- I even went to the sorting office at Plymouth Road, Plympton, Plymouth, and begged them to stop. Absolutely nothing happened- the very next day there was another heap of rubbish. I am disabled, and have fallen 3 times on the slippery leaflets. The last time I dislocated my knee and lay in my tiny hallway for 15 hours before a friend found me. "Put a sticker on your door, that will stop it" I am told.....NO IT DOESNT....do I have to die behind my door for someone to notice??????[] I am an OAP, and disabled quite badly. Is that why I am ignored????????

Banned

ainstable1952

I joined mailing preference, put LARGE "no junk mail or leaflets" signs … I joined mailing preference, put LARGE "no junk mail or leaflets" signs on my door- one of these is directly ON the letterbox flap!!!!!! I am completely ignored- I even went to the sorting office at Plymouth Road, Plympton, Plymouth, and begged them to stop. Absolutely nothing happened- the very next day there was another heap of rubbish. I am disabled, and have fallen 3 times on the slippery leaflets. The last time I dislocated my knee and lay in my tiny hallway for 15 hours before a friend found me. "Put a sticker on your door, that will stop it" I am told.....NO IT DOESNT....do I have to die behind my door for someone to notice??????[] I am an OAP, and disabled quite badly. Is that why I am ignored????????

Consider getting a post box with a lock and key just outside your front door whilst nailing down your letterbox. At least you won't be slipping on anything and it's a small price to pay for your personal health.

a lot less hassle to just dump the junk unopened in the recycle bin.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants