Groups

How do I trace my family tree ? any sites out there that are free???

I know about Genes Reunited but someone on Hot ukdeals said you had to pay for searches. I remember reading it once a few weeks ago. Tried to trace the thread but had no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, ta loads.

20 Comments

familysearch.org/eng…asp

I think this one looks the best out of the ones listed there

Original Poster

Tintern1981 you are a star, I will start there thanks loads

Genes Reunited is only £9.95 for 6 months and money well spent. Found my half sister through this and also helped my sis in law find her family (she was adopted). I have a huge tree now and have located family members in the USA and the Caribbean.

don't forget, you get 25% back via Quidco for Genes Reunited, good luck with your search,

On this subject, what's the best software to draw a family tree?

peodude;2813556

familytreemaker.com/

This is what my brother has used - comes recommended!

I started with the free ]MyHeritage one

Original Poster

You are all so generous thank you soooooo much I am excited now I know where to start. THANK YOU all

Original Poster

choc1969;2813518

Genes Reunited is only £9.95 for 6 months and money well spent. Found my … Genes Reunited is only £9.95 for 6 months and money well spent. Found my half sister through this and also helped my sis in law find her family (she was adopted). I have a huge tree now and have located family members in the USA and the Caribbean.

How wonderful, already I am finding out the strangest things although I cannot get mum to remember her grandmothers name, we will get there. Thank you I will try all these places.:-D:-D

peodude;2813556

for the poorer HDUKer's amongst us, Publisher or Powerpoint is fine. In fact, Ms Word would suffice to a point

choc1969;2813716

I started with the free ]MyHeritage one

Disco;2819344

for the poorer HDUKer's amongst us, Publisher or Powerpoint is fine. In … for the poorer HDUKer's amongst us, Publisher or Powerpoint is fine. In fact, Ms Word would suffice to a point

See above....it's free hun. I don't like paying for things easier and it does all the connections without the hard work :thumbsup:

viper;2819330

How wonderful, already I am finding out the strangest things although I … How wonderful, already I am finding out the strangest things although I cannot get mum to remember her grandmothers name, we will get there. Thank you I will try all these places.:-D:-D

Had the same problem as I started tracing after most of my grandparents had died plus for some reason not all the family wanted to talk about their life in Jamaica. A lot of our family records also got destroyed in hurricane Gilbert but at least I'm leaving a legacy for my nephews and nieces

You're going to uncover a big dirty secret choc, you know that don't you :w00t: Same with viper, lol.

Some people wish they'd never started

Cant seem to find anyone in my family therough "family search" but the ancestry one comes up with a few.. just got to pay to get a good look at the records

peodude;2819615

You're going to uncover a big dirty secret choc, you know that don't you … You're going to uncover a big dirty secret choc, you know that don't you :w00t: Same with viper, lol.Some people wish they'd never started

well it will make my book more interesting a read :thumbsup:

Original Poster

choc1969;2819385

Had the same problem as I started tracing after most of my grandparents … Had the same problem as I started tracing after most of my grandparents had died plus for some reason not all the family wanted to talk about their life in Jamaica. A lot of our family records also got destroyed in hurricane Gilbert but at least I'm leaving a legacy for my nephews and nieces

Oh my goodness I am so sorry and sad

Original Poster

peodude;2819615

You're going to uncover a big dirty secret choc, you know that don't you … You're going to uncover a big dirty secret choc, you know that don't you :w00t: Same with viper, lol.Some people wish they'd never started

Oh I do hope I do that would be great fun to rattle those skeletons..........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions