How Do I Transfer my itunes between computers ??

11 replies
Found 30th Oct 2010
I have just set up a new computer.

How do I get my "purchases" onto this new PC.

11 Comments

dont you just download itunes and log in im sure thats what i used to do.

Original Poster

nightstud

dont you just download itunes and log in im sure thats what i used to do.

Done that but None of my 'purchased' stuff is there??

think you have to copy them over from your old computer and then authorise your new pc to play them by entering in your itunes account log-in... I think it asks you for it when you try to play the file for the first time.

Original Poster

beamo

think you have to copy them over from your old computer and then … think you have to copy them over from your old computer and then authorise your new pc to play them by entering in your itunes account log-in... I think it asks you for it when you try to play the file for the first time.

My problem is my 'old' PC has crashed and I can't boot it up.
So surely I have not lost all my purchases??

are your "purchases" still on the apple device?

Edited by: "sedd33" 30th Oct 2010

Original Poster

sedd33

have you still got the apps installed on the iphone?

What iphone, I only have a PC ?

Im pretty sure if you log in with your old itunes account, you can get all the purchased stuff for free from the apple store.

xclau

Im pretty sure if you log in with your old itunes account, you can get … Im pretty sure if you log in with your old itunes account, you can get all the purchased stuff for free from the apple store.

You would think so, but it's Apple you are talking about.

This happened to me once, admittedly it was only a few songs but I tried to get them again and it said to buy them again.

This was years ago though, they may have changed their rules.

U can use somehting like touchcopy 09, which will restore your iTunes library from your phone/ipod, it's not free though unless u torrent it
Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 30th Oct 2010

if you have an ipod/phone, when you plug it in it will ask if you want to transfer purchased items over.

If not, then go here apple.com/sup…es/

Ok, you will need to get access to your old computer hard drive.

Do the following.

Uninstall iTunes from the new computer, then copy the entire itunes folder from the old hard drive onto the new computer, in the music folder.

Re install iTunes on the new computer, open it and hey presto, all you stuff will be there.

IF you install and use iTunes before putting the iTunes folder in there, it will set its own library up and you will have to do it all again.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions