Groups

How do i unblock social websites such as facebook?

My husband has blocked all sites such as facebook, faceparty etc from MY laptop! Comes up with this: Web Site Blocked By NETGEAR Firewall
    How do i sort it? I know the easiest way would be to ask him but he is at work and i have hinted but he is not taking the bait! Main reason i think is because he does not like people looking at my pics and gets quite jealous but thats his problem not mine, i have always been faithful. I just want to keep in contact with some of my friends and the mums at school during the 6 weeks.

Thank you in advance xxx

47 Comments

sounds very controlling to me?

you need to log in to the router and remove the website addresses you want access to.

you go via a webpage and address is usually http:192.168.0.1 (or similar). You will need to know the administrator name and password.

or buy yourself another router and when he's gone to work swap them over and when he's due home swap it back!!

sounds VERY controlling. are you locked in the house during the day too with the windows locked and phone disconnected? lol

Use a proxy site

Go on google and type in 'Proxy Site'

You would need to log into the router and know the passwords. You normally log in by putting 192.168.0.1 into IE

Then it will ask for login name and password. If ya lucky they will be admin and admin. :thumbsup:

You have kids? Maybe it's not you he's trying to block from those sites. If it's the router doing it then it will be applied to all computers connecting via it.

Just a thought. :-)

The problem is that even if you make this change and remove the filtered websites assuming you can gain access to the router, there's nothing stopping him from changing the password and doing it again. It's concerning that he's doing it in the first place, I think that's the real problem rather than the actual method which can change.

John

red_dwarfer;2602295

Use a proxy siteGo on google and type in 'Proxy Site'

Won't help because it's the router that's blocking it. Since the proxy is beyond the router, it will still be blocked.

As has been stated, the router config needs changing. Just tell hubby he needs to make some changes.

Original Poster

i don't want to lie, i have no reason to, have not done anything wrong! Thanks to umanga and the-jackal, i tried but i don't know the password. I am inpatient but will have to ask him when he gets in :roll:
    He has no problems about me going out with my friends etc so i wouldn't call him controlling but i have caught him out in the past so perhaps its so i don't check up on him, lol!

use the proxy site ...try this one ....[url]www.youhide.com[/url]

Original Poster

megalomaniac;2602320

You have kids? Maybe it's not you he's trying to block from those sites. … You have kids? Maybe it's not you he's trying to block from those sites. If it's the router doing it then it will be applied to all computers connecting via it.Just a thought. :-)

our children are not allowed on my laptop, they use the home pc but thats only under supervision. He may of just done it to prevent virus or something :whistling:

Aimee1985;2602360

i don't want to lie, i have no reason to, have not done anything wrong! … i don't want to lie, i have no reason to, have not done anything wrong! Thanks to umanga and the-jackal, i tried but i don't know the password. I am inpatient but will have to ask him when he gets in :roll:He has no problems about me going out with my friends etc so i wouldn't call him controlling but i have caught him out in the past so perhaps its so i don't check up on him, lol!

Who is you Internet with....it's fairly easy to find the deafult router passwords for most ISP (most of the time it's Admin) so it might be easy to access if he hasn't changed it from the factory one.

caught him out in what way?

The netgear firewall blocks according to urls or keywords in HTML pages:. If your husband used a URL you should be okay to use a site like ibypass.com to get to the site, if he used a keyword it might be a much harder to find a method to bypass the block (using a different port to browse the net might work, or a fully SSL encrypted firewall bypass site)

Aimee1985;2602360

i don't want to lie, i have no reason to, have not done anything wrong! … i don't want to lie, i have no reason to, have not done anything wrong! Thanks to umanga and the-jackal, i tried but i don't know the password. I am inpatient but will have to ask him when he gets in :roll:He has no problems about me going out with my friends etc so i wouldn't call him controlling but i have caught him out in the past so perhaps its so i don't check up on him, lol!

tell him you need the password for future reference!! ;-)

if he's blocking it from the kids then time restrictions can be set rather than a full block.

the password may be the default one try admin for the username and admin for the password

Aimee1985;2602376

our children are not allowed on my laptop, they use the home pc but thats … our children are not allowed on my laptop, they use the home pc but thats only under supervision. He may of just done it to prevent virus or something :whistling:

what kind of virus? STD? lol

Banned

My netgear router...

Username: admin
    Password: password

This is standard for lots of netgears i believe, try that

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2602381

Who is you Internet with....it's fairly easy to find the deafult router … Who is you Internet with....it's fairly easy to find the deafult router passwords for most ISP (most of the time it's Admin) so it might be easy to access if he hasn't changed it from the factory one.

virgin media :thumbsup:

Original Poster

umanga;2602405

what kind of virus? STD? lol

psml :roll:

Original Poster

ding;2602403

the password may be the default one try admin for the username … the password may be the default one try admin for the username and admin for the password

no luck, thanks anyway :thumbsup:

So if I read this right, you've got kids, he's put a blanket block on all these sites to protect them from paedos and you think he's done it to **** you off? That's how it looks to me....

You could always reset the router to default factory settings....ain't there a small button on the back you push in with a pen?? May work...if he asks, say you don't know what happened....:whistling:

Original Poster

greyparrot;2602389

caught him out in what way?

He has set up various facebook accounts without my knowledge telling everyone he was single and chatting up women. Not good i know but i chose to forgive him but its times like this when it comes back to haunt me! Put that behind us now, i don't see a problem as long as you are open and honest with each other its when things are kept hush hush! :thumbsup:

birdyboyuk;2602441

You could always reset the router to default factory settings....ain't … You could always reset the router to default factory settings....ain't there a small button on the back you push in with a pen?? May work...if he asks, say you don't know what happened....:whistling:

It's very obvious that this has happened and it doesn't really sort anything, the guy who set the filter can just do so again especially if he's backed up the settings beforehand.

John

Original Poster

Shengis;2602432

So if I read this right, you've got kids, he's put a blanket block on all … So if I read this right, you've got kids, he's put a blanket block on all these sites to protect them from paedos and you think he's done it to **** you off? That's how it looks to me....

they don't use my laptop and my boys are 6 months and 4!

has anyone seen sleeping with the enemy:w00t:

Original Poster

St.JNR;2602409

My netgear router...Username: adminPassword: passwordThis is standard for … My netgear router...Username: adminPassword: passwordThis is standard for lots of netgears i believe, try that

no luck, will wait until he gets home :thumbsup:

hush hush you must be mad sorry but if i caught my hubby setting up account and saying stuff like that i would of kicked his sorry butt out. but each to there own.

Aimee1985;2602457

they don't use my laptop and my boys are 6 months and 4!

It's got NOTHING to do with your laptop. You're NOT being singled out, NO computer in your house will be able access those sites. If you remove it for 1 computer you remove it for all of them. Just go through an online proxy. The router will never see the real address that way.

Try this : boratproxy.com/

phone virgin and tell them the kids have messed with the settings and can they reset the settings or can they give you the password, just play dumb

Original Poster

greyparrot;2602474

hush hush you must be mad sorry but if i caught my hubby setting up … hush hush you must be mad sorry but if i caught my hubby setting up account and saying stuff like that i would of kicked his sorry butt out. but each to there own.

Each to there own but hopefully he learnt his lesson and i am not prepared to uproot my children because of one mistake.

This is getting a bit off subject, obviously hubby needs to do it.

Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

It could be that he is blocking the sites so he isnt tempted to go on and do a repeat of what happened

yep use em at 6th form lol

another one is [url]www.hidemyass.com[/url]

Original Poster

samwhitewick;2602508

It could be that he is blocking the sites so he isnt tempted to go on and … It could be that he is blocking the sites so he isnt tempted to go on and do a repeat of what happened

spot on

your husband is a smart man

yeah just use a proxy site

samwhitewick;2602508

It could be that he is blocking the sites so he isnt tempted to go on and … It could be that he is blocking the sites so he isnt tempted to go on and do a repeat of what happened

I was just thinking that :lol: :thumbsup:

Aimee1985;2602449

He has set up various facebook accounts without my knowledge telling … He has set up various facebook accounts without my knowledge telling everyone he was single and chatting up women. Not good i know but i chose to forgive him but its times like this when it comes back to haunt me! Put that behind us now, i don't see a problem as long as you are open and honest with each other its when things are kept hush hush! :thumbsup:

He may be trying to stop himself going onto Facebook then?

Its got nothing to do with your laptop though, the router is blocking access on any computer on your network. It could even just be a bad keyword thats blocking it .

Original Poster

gemz700;2602529

yeah just use a proxy site

thought it would be easy and just press one button and its done. Wish i had never asked now

Original Poster

andrew_stoned;2602547

He may be trying to stop himself going onto Facebook then?Its got nothing … He may be trying to stop himself going onto Facebook then?Its got nothing to do with your laptop though, the router is blocking access on any computer on your network. It could even just be a bad keyword thats blocking it .

Think he has learnt his lesson, Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927377
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2462
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767370
      4. word association Game74044538

See more discussions