Groups

how do i uninstall windows messenger on windows vista?

My missus has installed messenger and it now takes the PC longer to start up, tried disabling it from startup but it still starts up when i restart the computer.

Cant seem to find it in Control Panel to uninstall it, any techies here help me out?

7 Comments

Not sure if it is the same in Vista, but in XP, click Start then Run and type msconfig into the Run dialog box and you can view what runs at startup and uncheck against applications which you don't want to open automatically.

Your Windows Live Messenger has been installed as part of Windows Live Essentials. If you go to Programs and Features, then double click Windows Live Essentials, you will see the option to remove Windows Live Messenger or you could try running this msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}

try this buddy

]http//ww…tml

worked for me

Where it says go to start->run, just type it in the search box on Vista, it finds it fine
    BFM

sign into msn. click options, on the 'sign in' tab there is a box that says 'open windows messenger when i log onto windows'
    uncheck that box

Original Poster

ElliottC;5906581

Your Windows Live Messenger has been installed as part of Windows Live … Your Windows Live Messenger has been installed as part of Windows Live Essentials. If you go to Programs and Features, then double click Windows Live Essentials, you will see the option to remove Windows Live Messenger or you could try running this msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}

How do i get to Programs and Features?

Banned

makershaker;5909997

How do i get to Programs and Features?

:w00t:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot020.jpg

Original Poster

Thanks, sorted!

Although my Windows Vista looks slighly different!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844458
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value610
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767191

See more discussions