Groups

How do i unlock a iphone 3 thats on 02 network

Can i do this myself some how and/or will a shop do it, If so do they charge a lot.
    Also how do i upgrade the software on it to the latest ios.

Thankyou for your time.

12 Comments

Upgrade the latest OS via itunes and yes you can unlock it yourself. Google for tutorials, or even youtube.

Can be done online at O2 with the online help assistant
    Only takes a few minutes.

Original Poster

Its a phone i brought of e bay so i dont have a contract or pay as you go account registered to the phone, to unlock using the guidance on the 02 website.

Get a O2 pay and go sim instore.
    Top up £20
    Make a few calls so O2 know it's being used
    Apply for the unlock online.
    Done

localboy

Get a O2 pay and go sim instore. Top up £20Make a few calls so O2 know … Get a O2 pay and go sim instore. Top up £20Make a few calls so O2 know it's being usedApply for the unlock online. Done

or save £20 and do it yourself...

Original Poster

can i do it myself with out jailbreaking??

deadduck_145

deadduck_145

I'm betting this is on current firmware so can't be unlocked via jailbreak

I'd check it with an O2 sim from someone first to make sure it's not been blacklisted. A LOT of iPhones sold on ebay are. There's no point bothering with the rest if it is. . .

Is it a 3g or a 3gs? 3g can only be updated so far and is also much easier to keep unlocked unofficially.

localboy

I'm betting this is on current firmware so can't be unlocked via jailbreak

downgrade first

Original Poster

its a 3g and as 4.2.1 software on it

jtx

Is it a 3g or a 3gs? 3g can only be updated so far and is also much … Is it a 3g or a 3gs? 3g can only be updated so far and is also much easier to keep unlocked unofficially.

deadduck_145

downgrade first

You can't downgrade baseband
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon S&S price fix question11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767238
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671405
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1111

See more discussions