How do I unlock Vodafone smart first please ????

Found 19th Feb 2016
I've got the smart first and bought a code off ebay and just spent 4 hours trying to put my sim into it!
Eventually I got an enter code box but it says it needs 10 digits whereas the code I've got is 8.
Does anyone know what I should do next please? I'm not very confident with phones.
Community Updates
AskVodafone
13 Comments
Banned
sure its saying 10 digits and not 10 attempts

simply add a non accepted sim, it will give you a box to type the code, type the code, hit the arrow bottom right hand corner (basically the enter button)
pictures will help greatly if you are still stuck
Original Poster
cokezone1112

sure its saying 10 digits and not 10 attemptssimply add a non accepted … sure its saying 10 digits and not 10 attemptssimply add a non accepted sim, it will give you a box to type the code, type the code, hit the arrow bottom right hand corner (basically the enter button)

I just tried again and it says wrong unlock code, and yes you are right it says 9 more attempts but I cant find the arrow at the bottom
cokezone1112

sure its saying 10 digits and not 10 attemptssimply add a non accepted … sure its saying 10 digits and not 10 attemptssimply add a non accepted sim, it will give you a box to type the code, type the code, hit the arrow bottom right hand corner (basically the enter button)

Original Poster
cokezone1112

cokezone1112

I've think I must have the wrong code as I'm down to 7 attempts now, starting to panic as my other phone is broken.
Original Poster
ngwill1990

pictures will help greatly if you are still stuck

No camera at the moment, Its like a little square to type the numbers in and it says 'wrong pin entered!' 'Enter unlock pin NP' remains 7
Banned
Yeah you got the "arrow" it's just the enter button maybe I'm confusing myself but it's basically just the enter button to use the code you just entered.
If it's not working get hold of the eBay seller you got the code from say it's not working
If you are near Nottingham I can unlock it for £2.50
The codes generated by eBay sellers will be incorrect as this is an MTK processor and the free solution those sellers are using cannot generate the code you require. It must be plugged into a computer to read the data from it.
Original Poster
cokezone1112

Yeah you got the "arrow" it's just the enter button maybe I'm confusing … Yeah you got the "arrow" it's just the enter button maybe I'm confusing myself but it's basically just the enter button to use the code you just entered. If it's not working get hold of the eBay seller you got the code from say it's not working

Thank you so much : ) I've done it with the code he sent me and your instructions! will it be locked to the sim I put in do you know?
lizzie84

Thank you so much : ) I've done it with the code he sent me and your … Thank you so much : ) I've done it with the code he sent me and your instructions! will it be locked to the sim I put in do you know?

No, when i had it done it unlocked the phone and i put different sims in, without it locking on the first sim.
Edited by: "allowed" 20th Feb 2016
Original Poster
allowed

No, when i had it done it unlocked the phone.

l
Original Poster
allowed

No, when i had it done it unlocked the phone.

Thanks, I was trying to put a small sim in but tried with a big O2 this morning and it worked.
Original Poster
allowed

No, when i had it done it unlocked the phone and i put different sims in, … No, when i had it done it unlocked the phone and i put different sims in, without it locking on the first sim.

Ok, that good thanks for your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions