how do people get banned from xbox live

8 replies
Found 12th Jan 2009
how do people get banned from xbox live?do they play the games before they come out and get detected that way?

just wonderd

8 Comments

Consoles modified to play copied/backup games have altered software on them, the 'firmware' of the DVD drive is changed and I would imagine its quite easy for microsoft to detect a change if they want to.

I think its down to when people play online with a modded xbox 360, its something to do with when your machine contacts the game host server at microsoft, as far as I am aware there are ways of modding and not getting banned however this is not recommended by myself.

Banned

Whats the point in the complaint system? nothing actually happens

ODB_69;4036799

Whats the point in the complaint system? nothing actually happens

same as the 'zones' (are they still there after the dash update?). I got sick of 12 year olds telling me what they'd done to my mother so changed to 'family' zone. No difference.

Banned

chrishill;4036839

same as the 'zones' (are they still there after the dash update?). I got … same as the 'zones' (are they still there after the dash update?). I got sick of 12 year olds telling me what they'd done to my mother so changed to 'family' zone. No difference.

I dont get the zones tbh...no difference at all with them...either way you hear expletives that would make a nun implode

Original Poster

wraithchild;4037129

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/315945/advice-when-burning-a-backup-game/?p=4029572#post4029572Get that working and go online will be a good way.

yeh dont want my console to be banned lol

As far as I'm aware it's to do with the security sectors and angles. When you back-up a game it needs to have several files to be legit, if one or all of these differ from a retail disk then M$ can detect it should they choose, the same applies to angles, when you burn the disk if the angle is incorrect M$ can detect it.

As far as I know the new ixtreme won't play any disk that does not have the relevant SS in place and a correct angle. You can patch a game with SS but they do not always correspond to the retail release, again M$ knows the difference.

I do not believe M$ are able to detect the FW you are running only the mistakes you make and playing pre-release games is probably a good indicator, although I would have thought you would need to be quite considerably early for M$ to warrant banning you. Many retailers ship new releases out as soon as they get them.

I also know that occasionaly you get a review copy which is not meant for public release, so use of those could also constitute a ban.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. UNDERTALE PS4 / PS Vita / PC Physical Editions (Exclusive to Fangamer)33
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428014646
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…49111
    4. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.43

See more discussions