Groups

How do ratings/posts affect temperature change when voting?

Just wondering what determined how much you swing temperatures by when you vote?
    Is it number of posts, how long you've been a member or your rating?

Just curious!

6 Comments

A lot of those kind of factors go into it. I believe admin recently mentioned that the greatest factor was what temperature your own deal posts have gone up to

When I only had 1 reputation box I used to increase temp by 3 degrees when voting, but know I have 5 boxes and change the temp by 9 degrees...

Original Poster

Greg

When I only had 1 reputation box I used to increase temp by 3 degrees … When I only had 1 reputation box I used to increase temp by 3 degrees when voting, but know I have 5 boxes and change the temp by 9 degrees...

I only have 2 rep boxes, yet the temp changes by 9 degrees for me also!
    Also, you have way more posts than i do - weird huh?
    I also notice that temps go up by 0.2 degrees pretty often - guess that's what newbies start on!

The green box rep is just your forum rep not your total rep. Total rep which you see come into action when you vote is a combination of historical deal temps, time registered, posts made and forum rep and a few other things.

Total rep which you see come into action when you vote is a combination … Total rep which you see come into action when you vote is a combination of historical deal temps, time registered, posts made and forum rep and a few other things.

Sounds like a complicated formula :geek:

Original Poster

Lol @ "Admin has a disabled reputation" when you hover over his rep!
    A bit overly harsh for having neutral rep?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions