How do Tesco exchange a 3 for 2 toy?

13 replies
Found 9th Dec 2016
Got loads of 3 for 2 toys on the fab tesco deals recently.

Want to return one item only.

I would happily exchange it for another toy up to that value but my local store does not sell toys.

Do you think they would put it on a giftcard?

Also if it was 3 items at £10 each, totalling £20 - what would they put on the giftcard? £6.67

On the receipt all the items are listed at their full price with the full 3for2 deduction total at bottom.

Thanks!

1. Ask
  2. Toy
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Toy
13 Comments

I imagine it would be exchange only as it's part of a multibuy promotion?

You will get £0.00 refunded.

Original Poster

AStonedRaichu

I imagine it would be exchange only as it's part of a multibuy promotion?

Exchange for a toy? But my store doesn't sell toys?

ellie27

Exchange for a toy? But my store doesn't sell toys?

A refund would go through as £0.00 as the other 2 items total £20

If you want money back you need to take al toys back

Original Poster

Edited title, I do not want a refund I want to exchange - up to what value?

phone store or tesco cs it will be at manager or.store discretion but I wouldn't think a swap would be out of the question

When I have returned part of a 3 for 2 offer at other places in the past, they give you 2/3rds of the value of the item back.

tesco not very helpful with somethings - my husband missed picking a sweet in the meal deal and we didn't notice till afterwards. I was told the only way to get it put right would be to return the items pretty hard when you have drank part of it. So we never got a refund. I don't think they care much about customers who have a problem, once they have your money.

Lego? Might get a swap on here

deekie

tesco not very helpful with somethings - my husband missed picking a … tesco not very helpful with somethings - my husband missed picking a sweet in the meal deal and we didn't notice till afterwards. I was told the only way to get it put right would be to return the items pretty hard when you have drank part of it. So we never got a refund. I don't think they care much about customers who have a problem, once they have your money.

But that was your fault, it wasn't anything to do with Tesco was it?

They will swap one toy out for you, but you'll probably need the manager.

ipswich78

But that was your fault, it wasn't anything to do with Tesco was it?

I never said it wasn't our fault but a mistake was made and tesco didn't want to help - just having a rant and saying don't expect tesco to care
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1990
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114650
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769507
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming1423

See more discussions