How do Thomas Cook allocate seat numbers? On baggage check in or is it a free for all at the gate? Is there any point in me printing our own boarding passes?

Found 4th Mar 2015
I didnt pay for pre-allocated seats so when I check my luggage in, do they allocate seats then or is it an easyjet / ryanair type scramble at the gate? Also, I am checking in online and have the option to JUST CHECK-IN FOR NOW or CHECK-IN AND PRINT BOARDING PASSES. Surely, if I just check-in only, then they would print our baording passes upon luggage check-in? Their FAQ is a nightmare and very unclear. Thanks.
Community Updates
7 Comments
they allocate seats when you check your luggage in - the seat number will be printed on your boarding card

so I woudl say if you print off your boarding card you will see your seat numbers - but you will not have the option to choose / cahnge them

If you print of your borading cards you will still need to queue up to drop of your checked luggage

EliTom
Basically you get given a random seat unless you pay extra. I've always checked in at the airport ( 7 of us ) and been allocated seats more or less together.

Never checked in online.

If that's of any help?.
Thanks all. Went for the check in and print boarding passes and have seats 44C & 44D allocated now. Across an aisle but thats no problem.

Also, I have discovered that printing the boarding passes means we no longer have to queue to drop off our luggage as Gatwick now has self scan machines for boarding passes so we just scan the pass, print the luggage tags and put our luggage on the conveyor. No more queues!
I recently booked a Thomas Cook holiday to Menorca online, and didn't have to pay to allocate seats, I registered my details with them a couple of weeks prior to booking as we were browsing as recommended on a HUKD link I'd read and they started sending me discount codes, which stacked with another I found on here, with a onbkard dinner. saved about 300 in total, (about 18%).
We are a family of 4 and I have never paid for booking seats in advance.

With Thomson/Thomas Cook I have checked in online and then printed boarding passes and always got seats together no problem. One of the sites offers you seats then if you dont want them you refresh or log out and back in and it offers other seats.
deleted79467
chocci

Thanks all. Went for the check in and print boarding passes and have … Thanks all. Went for the check in and print boarding passes and have seats 44C & 44D allocated now. Across an aisle but thats no problem.Also, I have discovered that printing the boarding passes means we no longer have to queue to drop off our luggage as Gatwick now has self scan machines for boarding passes so we just scan the pass, print the luggage tags and put our luggage on the conveyor. No more queues!

apart from the bag drop queue
FYI Ryanair and easyjet both now offer allocated seating for all travellers, if you don't select one (check in for free) you will be given one
Post a comment
@
    Text