Expired

How do virgin install fibre optic into your house?

Found 26th Mar 2013
How would the put a new fibre broadband line in would it involve ripping up floor boards etc? Just want to know the basics of how they get it from the street into the house
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskVirgin
12 Comments
The same as a teephone line
hole in the wall
karenhornby

The same as a teephone linehole in the wall

thanks but if it is outside on the street , how does it go over my drive into the house? Do they have to dig the drive up... Know this might sound daft but need to know what's involved as I don't own the property
yes dig the drive up and install in the wall it is
fibre optic upto your street not your house. its cooper wiring upto the house. If the question is how do the install then yes they dig up the front lawn/drive if this has not already been done before.
My whole drive is concrete though? Haha
deleted57959

sometimes they run a cable on the wall edge, but this is only in extreme … sometimes they run a cable on the wall edge, but this is only in extreme circustances where they cannot get to the house any other way.

would this be up the telegraph pole down the wall edge do you know?
adamwilko007

would this be up the telegraph pole down the wall edge do you know?

No, they don't own the telegraph pole. The may run it down the side of a brick garden wall.
They will dig up your concrete drive, lay the cable and then reinstate your drive.

Only about a spade width.
Inactive

They will dig up your concrete drive, lay the cable and then reinstate … They will dig up your concrete drive, lay the cable and then reinstate your drive.Only about a spade width.

This.
mboora

This.

They could lay cement over the wire. Have soil for 3 quarters in my garden and then a couple of slabs, they put the wire through a plastic tube then a small layer of cement over it.

DarkReborn11

They could lay cement over the wire. Have soil for 3 quarters in my … They could lay cement over the wire. Have soil for 3 quarters in my garden and then a couple of slabs, they put the wire through a plastic tube then a small layer of cement over it.

Not this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants