Groups

How do you add another browser

Banned
    I know another totally blonde one, but been reading it is best to maybe use another browser for quidco, how do i do this please? :oops:

14 Comments

A nice easy one:thumbsup:

]http//ww…ox/

Click on the download and run the program.

That's it!!

Original Poster Banned

thank you i have downloaded that, do i need to adjust any settings in it, cookies, security etc, etc, or is that it?

Now this is the time I wish I was at home, instead of doing this 12 hour shift (thankfully nothing going wrong:-D ) and in front my PC so...

Hang on, found a webpage that gives some great instructions and also copied the main part that you need below, but have a look at the site:
    ]http//ww…ons

Privacy Options
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/images/fx2-opt_privacy.png

The Privacy panel contains options related to your privacy. As you browse the web, information on where you have been, what pages you have visited, etc are stored here.

History
    Remember visited pages for the last ... days.
    Here you can specify for how many days you want the browser to remember what pages you have visited. The default is 9 days.

Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar
    When you enter information in web forms or the search bar, Firefox remembers what you type and automatically makes suggestions when you enter information again. To stop this behavior, uncheck this option.

Remember what I've downloaded
    This option controls whether or not past downloads show up in the Downloads window. The Downloads window (accessible from the Tools menu or by pressing Ctrl+J) displays a list of your recent downloads. Downloads options are available in the Main panel.

Cookies
    A cookie is a file created by a web site that stores information on your computer, such as your preferences when visiting that site. For example, this site stores the navigation menu behavior (locked or unlocked) in a cookie file.

Accept cookies from sites
    By default, cookies are enabled. Uncheck this option to disable the use of cookies. Note that some sites may not work properly when this feature is disabled.

To display the stored cookies, click Show Cookies. Click the Exceptions button to allow or deny specific sites to store cookies on your computer, regardless of the global settings.

You have three options of for how long Firefox should store cookies, as explained below:

until they expire
    This is the default option. Cookies will be stored for as long as the site specifies.

until I close Firefox
    This will remove cookies when you close the browser.

ask me every time
    Select this option to gain maximum control of which cookies are allowed to be stored on your computer. A confirmation dialog will be displayed each time a site tries to save a cookie.

Private Data
    Always clear my private data when I close Firefox
    You can choose to have Firefox clear your private data when you close it. To configure what data is cleared, click the Settings... button.

Ask me before clearing private data
    With this option selected, Firefox will ask you before automatically clearing the data specified by clicking Settings....

If you wish to clear your private data right now, you can click the Clear Now... button to do so. To clear your private data from outside the options dialog, either press Ctrl+Shift+Del or select Tools > Clear Private Data....

Original Poster Banned

Jesus i only want to use it for quidco and want to make sure this get tracked, i will use IE for everything else :w00t:

Thank you rep added for your time and help :thumbsup:

sassie

Jesus i only want to use it for quidco and want to make sure this get … Jesus i only want to use it for quidco and want to make sure this get tracked, i will use IE for everything else :w00t: Thank you rep added for your time and help :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I do as well!
    Seems a fiddle to sort out but once done, all is well.
    Thanks for the Rep.

Original Poster Banned

so all i need to do is clear cookies after every visit, yeah, short version please :oops:

sassie

so all i need to do is clear cookies after every visit, yeah, short … so all i need to do is clear cookies after every visit, yeah, short version please :oops:

In short, yes!

Original Poster Banned

lawe

In short, yes!

thank you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sassie

so all i need to do is clear cookies after every visit, yeah, short … so all i need to do is clear cookies after every visit, yeah, short version please :oops:

I'd clear the cache as well, just to make sure.

Original Poster Banned

barneydog

I'd clear the cache as well, just to make sure.

what and where is that? :oops:

It stores temporary data to speed up your browsing.

In Firefox go to tools (explorer bar at the top), in the drop down menu is a button marked options, click that and a panel will appear.

Go to advanced tab, click and there is a section marked cache, click the button marked clear now and then OK

Original Poster Banned

on the network tab? It says use up to? of mb for the cache, then a click to clear cache? Is that it? will i need to do this everyday?

sassie

on the network tab? It says use up to? of mb for the cache, then a click … on the network tab? It says use up to? of mb for the cache, then a click to clear cache? Is that it? will i need to do this everyday?

You've got it.

You don't have to (and It probably wouldn't hurt if you didn't especially if you that browser only for Quidco) but I would do it before going to Quidco in any browser

Original Poster Banned

okey doke, thanks very much, rep left for your help :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764364
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32174
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846231
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions