Groups

How do you add Whois privacy to your website?

Just want to quickly add it for a friend and they don't know how to do it, any suggestions for the cheapest instant method?

6 Comments

When I last registered a domain, it was one of the options on the registrar site. Don't know if that helps.... I don't know much about it

You can only opt-out with a .uk domain providing you're not a business.

With .com/.net etc you can use the registrars details instead usually for a fee.

Original Poster

emmajk42;4626521

When I last registered a domain, it was one of the options on the … When I last registered a domain, it was one of the options on the registrar site. Don't know if that helps.... I don't know much about it

When I registered my domain, it was automatic when I originally purchased it too but I need to know how to add it to my friends account.

t0mm;4626523

You can only opt-out with a .uk domain providing you're not a … You can only opt-out with a .uk domain providing you're not a business.With .com/.net etc you can use the registrars details instead usually for a fee.

My friends site isn't a business and it's a co.uk ad, so what do we need to do?

Thanks in advance.

They need to go to whoever they have purchased the domain from and raise a ticket with them informing them that they want to opt-in to the whois privacy settings.

You should be able to change it by contacting your host, you will be able to do it with a .co.uk domain. They may have an control panel feature if you can login to their website - I remember I bought a .info domain and it had all my details on the whois database - couldnt get rid of them so had to give false details.

Original Poster

Thanks for that guys and girls, I'll tell them to contact the domain supplier asap. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3881542
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1827
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2282
      4. word association Game72944196

See more discussions