Groups

How do you clean your LCD TV and stand?

Banned
    Our TV and stand attract so much dust.

I have just used a duster but it doesn't seem to pick up the dust.

28 Comments

a light spray of water on a microfibre duster but the dust soon comes back.. but make sure the TV is off as the panel can be damaged if its left on while dusting,, do what i do and do it once a month. ;o)

Use a wet cloth,then dry it,seems to keep the dust at bay a little longer.

The one in my bedroom is a nightmare arghhh

It's the static that attracts the dust, you can get an antistatic polish ...a little of this on a microfibre cloth should help.

KERMITZBITZ;8418974

a light spray of water on a microfibre duster but the dust soon comes … a light spray of water on a microfibre duster but the dust soon comes back.. but make sure the TV is off as the panel can be damaged if its left on while dusting,, do what i do and do it once a month. ;o)

i do it this way but leave the tv on

i hoover mine!

LCD wipes.

I dunno, my cleaner does it

KERMITZBITZ;8418974

a light spray of water on a microfibre duster but the dust soon comes … a light spray of water on a microfibre duster but the dust soon comes back.. but make sure the TV is off as the panel can be damaged if its left on while dusting,, do what i do and do it once a month. ;o)

Put a tiny amount of fabric softner in the water...

Works on my Plasma and glass stand.

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint;8418998

Have you tried using a clean duster

Shut up, you

starsparkle2311;8418999

Don't think it matters what you use, TV's are just dust magnets. Did you … Don't think it matters what you use, TV's are just dust magnets. Did you put polish on your duster? lol.I use polish, have tried glass cleaner before, but I like the smell of polish better.I think there's special wipes you can buy too.Shut the curtains and keep the lights off, then you won't notice the dust:)Oh yeh I've done the microfibre thing before too, but like I say I like my Mr Sheen,lool

I am honoured SS on my thread before 12pm :-D

Eddie was in Manchester yeaterday:-

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new…ard

Adam2050;8419030

LCD wipes.

Where do you buy them?

Alfonse;8419037

I dunno, my cleaner does it

My fella does the cleaning in this house normally :-D

DLM;8419078

My fella does the cleaning in this house normally :-D

I'm not joking, every Tuesday we have a cleaner who does 3 hours of cleaning.

Alfonse;8419092

I'm not joking, every Tuesday we have a cleaner who does 3 hours of … I'm not joking, every Tuesday we have a cleaner who does 3 hours of cleaning.

3 hours a week,that's not much:?

deb8z;8419099

3 hours a week,that's not much:?

I keep a tidy house, I'm not completely devoid of doing my own house work lol

why does it have to be more?

whatsThePoint;8419115

Its only a small caravan

you are gareth

youtube.com/wat…l5A

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;8419092

I'm not joking, every Tuesday we have a cleaner who does 3 hours of … I'm not joking, every Tuesday we have a cleaner who does 3 hours of cleaning.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

whatsThePoint;8419115

Its only a small caravan

lol

Alfonse;8419118

I keep a tidy house, I'm not completely devoid of doing my own house work … I keep a tidy house, I'm not completely devoid of doing my own house work lol why does it have to be more?

I would imagine you would do your own housework,i guess it depends on if your house looks tidy or is actually clean:p because 3 hours is nothing if you have a family.

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;8419163

LOL Whatever do you mean?:w00t:Thanks for that link. He tweeted that he … LOL Whatever do you mean?:w00t:Thanks for that link. He tweeted that he would be there, wish he'd come further up north:)

Your normally a night bird like me.

I bet he wouldn't leave Alnwick :-D

deb8z;8419159

I would imagine you would do your own housework,i guess it depends on if … I would imagine you would do your own housework,i guess it depends on if your house looks tidy or is actually clean:p because 3 hours is nothing if you have a family.

thats your IMO, not mine.

bitch about it all you want

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;8419243

He'd have a hard time trying to,lol. I'd have the handcuffs ready, don't … He'd have a hard time trying to,lol. I'd have the handcuffs ready, don't think I'm joking either:p

I bet.

Hope you have a great day x x

Alfonse;8419189

thats your IMO, not mine.bitch about it all you want

I wasn't bitching,just giving my opinion:roll:

deb8z;8419345

I wasn't bitching,just giving my opinion:roll:

"3 Hours is nothing"

its 3 hours actually :roll:

Alfonse;8419376

"3 Hours is nothing"its 3 hours actually :roll:

I've got a cleaner for only two hours a week for a big three bed flat...my flat is always spotless...no kids tho...just the messy boyfriend!

DJ1;8419053

I use the following method. It's been used since the 16th century to … I use the following method. It's been used since the 16th century to clean television screens:1. Mix half a pint of warm human urine in a bucket with Fairy Liquid2. Pour the foul smelling liquid over the top of the TV so that it flows down the front of the screen like some putrid waterfall. 3. Using a sponge, wipe the screen clean. 4. Dry using a hairdryer to ensure it does not smear

Are you trying to take BG1's mantle as the biggest knob on HUKD?

Banned

deek72;8419756

deek, what have I told you about hating on people from the internet world.

You be nice to DJ1!

vibeone;8419784

deek, what have I told you about hating on people from the internet … deek, what have I told you about hating on people from the internet world.You be nice to DJ1!

:oops:

Banned

deek72;8419756

Don't be jealous because I am better at the internet than you

INSERT INAPPROPRIATE SMILIES HERE

INSERT INTERNET ACRONYM HERE

DJ1;8420224

Don't be jealous because I am better at the internet than you

Exactly. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?25
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1418
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767180
      4. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.45

See more discussions